Verifying DMI pool data ??

perik57

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
hoping some one might be able to help tonight. finally got our new built system(first one) to post and set the bios.saved changes and exited. prompt came up to insert system disk, which I did. windows xp hm. it started to load then froze. I rebooted and this list of pci components came up then the message : "verifying DMI pool data" and it just hangs there flashing. can any one help tonight ?

Location..., Location...,Location !!!!

Clarentavious

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
What do you mean "flashing" when you say it hangs there flashing?

DMI stands for Desktop Management Interface. It is some feature that saves system settings and makes it easier to switch harddrives or something (it allows multiple users custom settings to be transferred more easily, something of that nature). Anyhow, it is normal to see this and the PCI listings right after post, so that's not the problem.

Have you actually installed WinXP Home Edition yet? Or do you have a blank harddrive without an OS?

-----

Benchmarks don't lie :)

perik57

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
I have an empty hard drive . tried to install windiows . it satrted to load but then froze so I had to reboot. then it went back to tyhs screen the cursor is at bottom of page just flashing.

Location..., Location...,Location !!!!

phr0ze

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
You shouldn't post your questions twice. Isn't this the same problem as listed in 'Just when you think you've got it'? Go see my suggestion there.

---------------------------------------
phr0Ze

I've been hiding in the shadows @ THG since 97.
AMD1800/768MB/9700Pro/Dragon+/240GigRaid0/DoubleWide with Redundant 350watt

G

hello
can we solve the prob when I open my computer building DMI pool then hanging