Multiple XP Accounts & 1 Email

I am a new XP user. I set up multiple accounts for the various users in the
family. I just Installed Microsoft Office (including Outlook) and I would
like 2 XP acounts (mine and my wife's) to be able to use the same email
account and to be able to see the same inbox, outbox, and personal address
book. So far I have been able only to have one or the other of us tied in to
the email account, but not both of us. Any suggestions on how I can do this?

Thanks

In your OE go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and write down
where OE is storing its data.
Close OE.
Open Windows Explorer.
If you are using Win2K, WinXP or Win2K3 click Tools | Folder Options | View
and set it to Show hidden files and folders.
Go to you store folder and copy all of me DBX files to an empty Windows
folder. Make sure you include Folders.dbx.
Close Windows Explorer and open your wife's OE.
Go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and write down the path
to her data,
Click Change
IMPORTANT WARNING: For the next two steps decline any offer to move her
files or folders or messages.
Enter your store folder path and click Okay.
Close OE.
Reopen it and answer 'No' to an offer to move things.
her store directory.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Dan P wrote:
> I am a new XP user. I set up multiple accounts for the various users
> in the family. I just Installed Microsoft Office (including Outlook)
> and I would like 2 XP acounts (mine and my wife's) to be able to use
> the same email account and to be able to see the same inbox, outbox,
> and personal address book. So far I have been able only to have one
> or the other of us tied in to the email account, but not both of us.
> Any suggestions on how I can do this?
>

> Thanks

You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an Outlook newsgroup:

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

In outlook setup both accounts but point the personel
folder at the same file should be outlook.pst or mail.pst
then both should be able to read the same emails and send
and recieve

Gordon

Ant@home.com wrote:
> In outlook setup both accounts but point the personel
> folder at the same file should be outlook.pst or mail.pst
> then both should be able to read the same emails and send
> and recieve

But the OP will NOT be able to use fast user switching as the pst file can
only be accessed by one instance of Outlook at any one time.