Sign in with
Your question

Best Oblivion Mods

Last response: in Video Games
July 3, 2008 11:12:32 AM

I am looking to play Oblivion again, and out of interest what are the best mods for the game in regards to improving the look and functionality of the game.

Thanks for all your help.

More about : oblivion mods

July 3, 2008 4:45:01 PM

Uhh...turn the brightness down?
Or, if your PC is near a window, play during the day with some ambient sunlight falling on your screen...it plays havoc with my computer...
Related resources
July 3, 2008 7:01:20 PM

My personal favorite mods are:

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul - makes it not so easy and boring
Natural Environment/Weather - makes the weather better(including darker night, etc)
Deadly Reflex - best mod EVER! To name a few features, let's you slice people in half and decapitate, not to mention horse combat
Supreme Magic - if you're doing a spellcasting class, makes them less sucky

And get a UI mod so you don't have to deal with those huge xbox-360 style menus.
July 4, 2008 9:20:50 PM

*edit*
my friend has try about over 26GB and has kept 9GB worth of mods for Oblivion. and he gave me his starter picks for it. i recommend on getting these at least. if any. it makes the game look A LOT better.

here u can download them for my 4 shared account i you want. its virus and pest clean as 4 shared scans for that and would delete IF there were any.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/8093763/fa4b49c2/obliv_mods....
July 8, 2008 8:51:08 AM

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul conflicts with Qarl's texture pack 3 and corrupts all the new textures, so I cant use it unless I want to see guards with no bodies, just floating heads walking about the cities.
July 9, 2008 2:54:41 AM

bite the bullet and FCOM if you have the cpu for it. And I think there are versions of Qarls (reoptmized?) that don't conflict with Oscuro's.
Anonymous
November 3, 2011 11:33:58 PM

Quote:
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul conflicts with Qarl's texture pack 3 and corrupts all the new textures, so I cant use it unless I want to see guards with no bodies, just floating heads walking about the cities.

I know this is 3 years out of date lol, but OOO, QTP3, MMM have all worked fine with very little amount of problems, I believe that you may have mixed up the install order load order. Plus I use Wrye Bash and BOSS to help. My mods are: all the UL's, MMM, FCOM and associated mods, TIE and associated mods, OOO, COBL without Salmo the Baker, Kvatch Rebuilt, UOP, UOMP, USIP, UOP Supplementals, Blood and Mud, QTP3, all UL patches for associated mods, Weather All Natural, Bob's Armoury, Better Book jackets, OMG, CURP, CURP Patch, Darker Dungeons, Enhanced vegetation, Enhanced Water, Enhanced Deadric Invasion, Francesco lvl 30 items, Fran Armour add-on, Francesco's optional leveled Quests SI only. Plus a lot more- and they all work perfectly which I believe I already said.
November 4, 2011 1:00:47 AM

I have so many bookmarks on that.. You want anything that makes women and men look better? naked or not exnem and Roberts stuff has that (tesnexus profiles of people)

Ren's beauty pack (hair), Chocolate elves are good I've heard, colorwheel has some adult smexy stuff, haven't use it yet thou
thousands of mods...

look at this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40906 ugaga
Anonymous
November 5, 2011 9:51:45 PM

so many mods with so many combinations, only the specific user can really know what is right and wrong to use.

I just hate it when mod users say that a specific mod doesn't work with another and then blame it on the mod.

I love the M16 mod, its really interesting and great. Ren's beauty pack and HG Eye Candy Body is good too for body replacers. As I said before its really up to the specific users to know what they want out of Oblivion and there more than likely is a mod out there for them.
!