U.S. Army Visits Apple in Search for Military Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Good job apple! You can con more than just stupid consumers into buying your overpriced products. I wish I had these skills. Too bad apple is conning the US army out of our taxpayer dollars :/

jr88

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
They saw the effectiveness of an iPhone as an incendiary and decided they just had to upgrade from the conventional grenade...

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
umm if im not mistaken, apple has nothing to do with the creation of the multiple apps that are put into the app store..so why is the military asking them for help and not the people who create the apps?

bobfrys

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
[citation][nom]jr88[/nom]They saw the effectiveness of an iPhone as an incendiary and decided they just had to upgrade from the conventional grenade...[/citation]
My toshiba laptop would do the job better. I mean It would be a great incendiary granade.

Quinid

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Being a vet that used to work in a area where I see how much contractors charge for replacement equipment. i.e wooden poll with rogue hook tip to put heli blade boots on $800. So I'm not surprised that they are looking to buy more overpriced junk.

G

The gov is into paying $500 for a hammer, $2500 for a toilet seat, etc, so I'm sure the military is just much more comfortable with Apple's pricing philosophy.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
that title is waaaay to easy to make fun of

[citation][nom]andboomer[/nom]The gov is into paying $500 for a hammer, $2500 for a toilet seat, etc, so I'm sure the military is just much more comfortable with Apple's pricing philosophy.[/citation]
igranades anyone?

nice Independence Day quote

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]Oh perfect. Use an iPhone to call for support and right in the middle of giving coordinates the call gets dropped.[/citation]

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.