Maz

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

I am a serious novice.

I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP (separate
computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as small windows and are
extremely difficult to use on regular basis without ruining my eyes.

One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the screen
saver
goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know this dos
program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it there without the
screensaver.

The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability, is used
dailiy
(for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to got full
screen.

Hoping help is on the way.

"maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am a serious novice.
>
> I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP
> (separate computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as small
> windows and are extremely difficult to use on regular basis without
> ruining my eyes.
>
> One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the
> screen saver
> goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know
> this dos program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it
> there without the screensaver.
>
> The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability, is
> used dailiy
> (for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to got
> full screen.
>
> Hoping help is on the way.

While the Command window (your program) has the focus hold down the Alt key
and press <Enter>

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Maz

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

Thanks Frank, have tried alt/enter when programs are running without luck.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am a serious novice.
> >
> > I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP
> > (separate computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as small
> > windows and are extremely difficult to use on regular basis without
> > ruining my eyes.
> >
> > One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the
> > screen saver
> > goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know
> > this dos program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it
> > there without the screensaver.
> >
> > The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability, is
> > used dailiy
> > (for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to got
> > full screen.
> >
> > Hoping help is on the way.
>
> While the Command window (your program) has the focus hold down the Alt key
> and press <Enter>
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

Maz
I had the same problem and have had marginal success. Check back to 10/19.
There is a thread there with severasl other suggestions. The subject line
was "full screen dos box" The funny thing is that the only time I have this
problem is on an OEM machine with factory installed XP. I have installed XP
as upgrades (both home and pro) on other machines and have no problem
running full screen. Has to be something in the registry ?
Good luck

carl
"maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am a serious novice.
>
> I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP (separate
> computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as small windows and
are
> extremely difficult to use on regular basis without ruining my eyes.
>
> One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the screen
> saver
> goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know this
dos
> program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it there without the
> screensaver.
>
> The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability, is used
> dailiy
> (for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to got full
> screen.
>
> Hoping help is on the way.

Is it full screen or windowed. Why don't you have another go at your question.

http://www.uscricket.com
"maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D8440BA-641F-47A2-A89B-F2C41AFB0A7C@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Frank, have tried alt/enter when programs are running without luck.
>

> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> "maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am a serious novice.
>> >
>> > I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP
>> > (separate computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as small
>> > windows and are extremely difficult to use on regular basis without
>> > ruining my eyes.
>> >
>> > One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the
>> > screen saver
>> > goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know
>> > this dos program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it
>> > there without the screensaver.
>> >
>> > The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability, is
>> > used dailiy
>> > (for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to got
>> > full screen.
>> >
>> > Hoping help is on the way.
>>
>> While the Command window (your program) has the focus hold down the Alt key
>> and press <Enter>
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

But you didn't provide any details. It's caused by programs assuming the screenmode is X. I gave you instructions. But as usual with you people you REFUSE to give any information. So ypou are a waste of space.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Carl Stockwell" <cstockwell3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23K1BLeFwEHA.1988@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Maz
> I had the same problem and have had marginal success. Check back to 10/19.
> There is a thread there with severasl other suggestions. The subject line
> was "full screen dos box" The funny thing is that the only time I have this
> problem is on an OEM machine with factory installed XP. I have installed XP
> as upgrades (both home and pro) on other machines and have no problem
> running full screen. Has to be something in the registry ?
> Good luck
>
> carl
> "maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am a serious novice.
>>
>> I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP (separate
>> computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as small windows and
> are
>> extremely difficult to use on regular basis without ruining my eyes.
>>
>> One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the screen
>> saver
>> goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know this
> dos
>> program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it there without the
>> screensaver.
>>
>> The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability, is used
>> dailiy
>> (for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to got full
>> screen.
>>
>> Hoping help is on the way.

My shoe size is 10½D. Waste 33" Inseam 34" Neck 16½" Sleeve 34"
:cool:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:O$3nhoFwEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> But you didn't provide any details. It's caused by programs assuming
> the screenmode is X. I gave you instructions. But as usual with you
> people you REFUSE to give any information. So ypou are a waste of
> space.
>
>> Maz
>> I had the same problem and have had marginal success. Check back to
>> 10/19. There is a thread there with severasl other suggestions. The
>> subject line was "full screen dos box" The funny thing is that the
>> only time I have this problem is on an OEM machine with factory
>> installed XP. I have installed XP as upgrades (both home and pro) on
>> other machines and have no problem running full screen. Has to be
>> something in the registry ?
>> Good luck
>>
>> carl
>> "maz" <maz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am a serious novice.
>>>
>>> I have two DOS programs running well on 98se and running on XP
>>> (separate computer networked) BUT the "full" screens come up as
>>> small windows and
>> are
>>> extremely difficult to use on regular basis without ruining my eyes.
>>>
>>> One program has a screen saver and after its eight minute wait, the
>>> screen saver
>>> goes full screen - and so does the rest of the program. So, I know
>>> this
>> dos
>>> program will go full screen but I dont now how to get it there
>>> without the screensaver.
>>>
>>> The second dos program (written on Foxpro) has no such capability,
>>> is used dailiy
>>> (for now on second computer) but can not get the blasted thig to
>>> got full screen.
>>>
>>> Hoping help is on the way.

You people never tell the whole story do you. Which side do you dress?

http://www.uscricket.com

I hardly ever wear a dress. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.