steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hello,

Don't know if this is the right group for this question, but I've
noticed when I start to enter a word into the Google search bar a drop
down list will come up containing things I searched for previously, even
the day before?!

Are those things stored on my computer, and if so, how do I clean them
at the end of the day?

Thanks

Steve

when it drop down just delete them all ,highlight them
and delete key thats all i ever do and i never see them
again

Clear Google Toolbar History
If you have the Google Toolbar installed, Click on Google logo to access a drop down
menu. Choose the Clear Search History option.
This clears all previous searches listed in the drop down box.

Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer
Tools>Internet Options>General
You'll see Delete Cookies, Delete files, Delete History

AutoComplete (Internet Explorer):
Tools>Internet Options>Content>AutoComplete
Brings up the AutoComplete dialog box where you can make changes and clear forms and
passwords.

"Steve" <Steve@hello.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Don't know if this is the right group for this question, but I've noticed when I
> start to enter a word into the Google search bar a drop down list will come up
> containing things I searched for previously, even the day before?!
>
> Are those things stored on my computer, and if so, how do I clean them at the end
> of the day?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

I had same thing. A quick search of google help gave following answer.
"AutoComplete (Internet Explorer):
Tools>Internet Options>Content>AutoComplete
This brings up the AutoComplete dialog box. Remove the tick from 'forms'.
It appears that Internet Explorer assumes that the search bar of google is a
form and if that is ticked as above it will remember every search that you do.