Inadequate O/S privleges

ridinondub247

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Hey i currently installed my new 8800gt graphics card and i installed bf2 on my new computer. I connected

to a server and just when i connected to it, it said "Inadequate O/S priveleges. I have looked through

forums and i understand that you need to be administrator but I am on my computer. But when i first got

this computer i was not administrator but my dad changed it. I do not know why it says "Inadequate O/S

priveleges. Is their anyway i could fix this? And are their different types of administrators? Once again i have

vista so if anyone has faced the same problem please also reply to this thread.

THANK YOU :D :D

sailer

Splendid
First open the "Control Panel". Then open "User Accounts". You should see your account and the type that it is, whether it is listed as an administrator, guest, or other. If you are not listed as an administrator, your dad may have changed it so that he is the administrator. There should also be information as to whether the account is password protected. If you aren't an administrator, you can try changing your account to administrator. Alternatively, you might start a new account and list it as administrator, then deleting your old account and then use the new one. Beynod that, I'm not sure what you can do.

And yes, its a lot of fuss and bother, but as Microsoft would say, its "For Your Protection". Yeah, and I bought the computer, am a single guy living alone in my house so that no one else uses my computer, and why should I have to deal with all this junk. But Microsoft doesn't care about any of that.