Sign in with
Your question

Annoying Firmware update

Last response: in Windows 7
August 21, 2010 9:57:46 PM

How do I disable the annoying firmware update that comes up everytime I come into my desktop?The problem is that after the update comes on and I hit "yes" or "no" my mouse slows to a crawl.I unplug the mouse then plug it in again and I get some of its speed back.I have a Cyborg Ratz 7 mouse coming in a day or so but I just hope this does not happen all the time.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
August 21, 2010 10:54:25 PM

What firmware is it referring to? Firmware updates for hardware do not run at boot time. I'd be suspicious of this prompt, wherever it is coming from.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2010 2:42:19 AM

I sugest that you scan your computer with the free version of malwarebytes anti-virus program, this will find out if you have a virus installed.
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2010 3:04:16 PM

The_Prophecy said:
What firmware is it referring to? Firmware updates for hardware do not run at boot time. I'd be suspicious of this prompt, wherever it is coming from.

As soon as my desktop comes up the icon comes up.It says "firmware.exe is requsting your permission"Latest firmware update for my LG Blu-Ray drive.
m
l
August 22, 2010 3:05:00 PM

pjmelect said:
I sugest that you scan your computer with the free version of malwarebytes anti-virus program, this will find out if you have a virus installed.

I did that. There were no viruses.
m
l
!