Windows XP Driver For Ensoniq Audio PCI

No sound after upgrading from WIn98 SE. I have Creative Lab Ensoniq Audio
PCI. Windows says can't find driver for multimedia audio controller. When
I run download and run software to install drivers Creative Labs has posted
on its website, setup says it can't find the hardware to install drivers
for, then aborts. Can someone help??

Thanks, Denny D
1 answer Last reply
More about windows driver ensoniq audio

    "Dennis Dardanell" <ddardanell@nc.rr.com>
    wrote in news:%2351FJPIwEHA.2976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
    > No sound after upgrading from WIn98 SE. I have Creative Lab Ensoniq
    > Audio PCI. Windows says can't find driver for multimedia audio
    > controller. When I run download and run software to install drivers
    > Creative Labs has posted on its website, setup says it can't find
    > the hardware to install drivers for, then aborts. Can someone help??
    >
    > Thanks, Denny D

    You might find a driver at http://www.driverguide.com/ (although the
    ones I saw listed said Windows XP was not supported so might end up
    having to try the Windows 2000 drivers). If you go there, search on the
    model number as a descriptive name for the product will show lots of
    results and some won't apply to your particular hardware. Also,
    although they make it look like you have to register to use their site
    (by divulging a valid e-mail address), you can use an e-mail alias or
    disposable account that you delete after completing their registration
    process, or just login using username = "driver2" and password = "all".

    Did you get the Creative download for Ensoniq AudioPCI from
    http://snipurl.com/ensoniq_pci? That's where I got navigated to when
    selecting that sound card.

PCI Audio Windows XP