Sign in with
Your question

DHW Free giveaway!

Last response: in Deals
February 3, 2010 4:57:37 PM

Daily-Hardware is givin away free stuff! Click here for more info!

Quote:
Hi Guys, and welcome to our first and official give-away promotion! It's time for our first ever give-away and it's great we can start this year with some neat free hardware for you guys. With the help of Cooler Master, Corsair and MSI we're giving away coolers, cases, USB-sticks and much more. So, what can you actually win? You’ll find out below:

More about : dhw free giveaway

February 8, 2010 9:40:01 PM

sticker said:
Daily-Hardware is givin away free stuff! Click here for more info!

Quote:
Hi Guys, and welcome to our first and official give-away promotion! It's time for our first ever give-away and it's great we can start this year with some neat free hardware for you guys. With the help of Cooler Master, Corsair and MSI we're giving away coolers, cases, USB-sticks and much more. So, what can you actually win? You’ll find out below:

Has anyone heard of this site before? It may be very legit, but I am just not familiar with it - so I'm not meaning to offend the OP.

Before sending my full name, address, home phone number, and birth date, I looked up on whois.net and here is the result... everything is anonymous, which can be OK in certain situations, but makes me want to know from someone else that they're legit. Getting info on the sponsoring registrar leads to an address in the Netherlands...

WHOIS information for daily-hardware.com :

Domain ID:
Domain Name: daily-hardware.com
Created On: 23-Jun-2009 00:00:00
Expiration Date: 23-Jun-2010 00:00:00
Sponsoring Registrar: OnlineNIC, Inc. d/b/a China-channel.com (ONLINENIC, INC.)
Name Server: ns1.b-smarthosting.net
Name Server: ns2.b-smarthosting.net
Registrant ID: Unknown
Registrant Name: Unknown
Registrant Organization: Unknown
Registrant Street1: Unknown
Registrant Street2: Unknown
Registrant Street3: Unknown
Registrant City: Unknown
Registrant State/Province: Unknown
Registrant Postal Code: Unknown
Registrant Country: Unknown
Registrant Phone: Unknown
Registrant Fax: Unknown
Registrant Email: Unknown
Admin ID: Unknown
Admin Name: Unknown
Admin Organization: Unknown
Admin Street1: Unknown
Admin Street2: Unknown
Admin Street3: Unknown
Admin City: Unknown
Admin State: Unknown
Admin Postal Code: Unknown
Admin Country: Unknown
Admin Phone: Unknown
Admin Fax: Unknown
Admin Email: Unknown

From betterwhois.net

[Querying whois.onlinenic.com]
[whois.onlinenic.com]
The Data in OnlineNIC's WHOIS database is provided by OnlineNIC
for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
OnlineNIC does not guarantee its accuracy. By starting a WHOIS
query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful
purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data
to:
(1)allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited,commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail(spam).
(2)enable high volume,automated, electronic processes that apply
to OnlineNIC Inc.(or its systems).

OnlineNIC reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
By starting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Registrant:
JJJM van Oosterbosch sexmonsters@hotmail.com +31.622590579
Our Design
Hagedisberg 20
Roosendaal,NL,NETHERLANDS 4708HM

Domain Name:D aily-hardware.com
Record last updated at 2009-06-23 03:39:20
Record created on 2009/6/23
Record expired on 2010/6/23

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.b-smarthosting.net ns2.b-smarthosting.net

Administrator:
name:( B-Smarthosting)
Email:( domains@b-smarthosting.net) tel-- +31.251320329
B-Smarthosting
Postbus 32
\r
t Heemskerk
NL,
NETHERLANDS

zipcode:1960AA

Technical Contactor:
B-Smarthosting
Postbus 32
\r
t Heemskerk
NL,
NETHERLANDS

Billing Contactor:
B-Smarthosting
Postbus 32
\r
t Heemskerk
NL,
NETHERLANDS

Registration Service Provider:
name: B-SMARThosting
tel: +31.251320329
fax: +31.251209316
web:http://b-smarthosting.net
February 9, 2010 11:00:08 AM

Please do not post such information please. It's meant to be private, and yes they are legit.
Related resources
February 9, 2010 11:59:54 AM

sticker said:
Please do not post such information please. It's meant to be private, and yes they are legit.

No, it's not. It's publicly available information, and is perfectly acceptable to look up this information, especially when they're asking you to send so much personal information via E-mail.

I signed up for the site, then when I saw how much information they wanted just to enter a hardware giveaway. Which, would be fine, but they want you to e-mail it, instead of sending it via an encrypted web page.
February 9, 2010 2:52:00 PM

^+1 - It is public information and if they do not want it posted because they feel it should be kept private then why are they asking for all of the personal information that they want just to enter a small giveaway ?? - they want to know all about those that sign up for the giveaway but don't want us to know anything about them ?? (sounds a bit iffy to me !) - What next they send a post saying you won something but need to send your banking and credit info in order to cover the shipping ?
February 9, 2010 4:38:56 PM

JDFan said:
^+1 - It is public information and if they do not want it posted because they feel it should be kept private then why are they asking for all of the personal information that they want just to enter a small giveaway ?? - they want to know all about those that sign up for the giveaway but don't want us to know anything about them ?? (sounds a bit iffy to me !) - What next they send a post saying you won something but need to send your banking and credit info in order to cover the shipping ?

I'm not saying they would like to keep it private, I'm only saying that such information does not needed to post here, it can be read there if needed. Though its kinda sad to hear that they are giving away free stuff and you think that this is all bullshit? Well I find that hard to believe, as you say a "small" giveaway.
February 9, 2010 4:55:36 PM

sticker said:
I'm not saying they would like to keep it private, I'm only saying that such information does not needed to post here, it can be read there if needed. Though its kinda sad to hear that they are giving away free stuff and you think that this is all bullshit? Well I find that hard to believe, as you say a "small" giveaway.

Why do they need the info now? You should be able to give them minimal information, and if you win, then give them the rest. And it should not be submitted via e-mail. It sounds fishy to me. I won't be submitting mine. If someone else wants to, then that's there business.
February 9, 2010 5:23:07 PM

sticker said:

Private? LoL Most everyone knows that Whois information is public information...I recommend you avoid this crap.
February 9, 2010 5:26:09 PM

ibleet said:
Private? LoL Most everyone knows that Whois information is public information...I recommend you avoid this crap.

LOL so everyone's blaming me now for a FREE GIVEAWAY, well thanks guys I really appreciate it!
February 9, 2010 9:53:34 PM

Noone is blaming you - we're just saying that sending personal information to a site that has most of their info unlisted that you do not personally know is not a very good idea in this day and age - esp. when the site doesn't even need the info in the first place - a simple registration to the site with an e-mail contact address would suffice for them to hold the drawing for the free gifts and then the winners could be notified when they were drawn for information on where to ship the prizes without the need to provide some of that personal info.

Perhaps we're just jaded by having knowledge of some of the scams that are out there and are a bit too cautious but Free giveaways - wanting personal information sent to someone you do not know usually winds up being a bad idea !! - and to be truth full - The use of throw away Hotmail accounts with names like sexmonsters@hotmail.com does not instill confidence !!
February 9, 2010 10:02:51 PM

JDFan said:
Noone is blaming you - we're just saying that sending personal information to a site that has most of their info unlisted that you do not personally know is not a very good idea in this day and age - esp. when the site doesn't even need the info in the first place - a simple registration to the site with an e-mail contact address would suffice for them to hold the drawing for the free gifts and then the winners could be notified when they were drawn for information on where to ship the prizes without the need to provide some of that personal info.

Perhaps we're just jaded by having knowledge of some of the scams that are out there and are a bit too cautious but Free giveaways - wanting personal information sent to someone you do not know usually winds up being a bad idea !! - and to be truth full - The use of throw away Hotmail accounts with names like sexmonsters@hotmail.com does not instill confidence !!

+1

^^^ What he said!
February 9, 2010 11:56:50 PM

Wow - I did not expect all this after posting their Whois results ;) 

Sticker - I only posted it because I was not familiar with this site and as others above me have mentioned, there have been far too many scams, where simple information like this can tend to point you towards making the right decision. I appreciate you trying to share the deal with us, if that was your only intention.

However, I also have to ask - I notice you are a "Newcomer" with 4 posts in total, all in this thread. Are you affiliated with this website hosting the give-a-way? If so, maybe you can lend some more insight as to the need for so much personal information. (If not, again, I mean no offense, it just seems odd to sign up for TH's only to alert everyone of this deal - maybe I'm too cautious to give out all of my personal info like that, but I think most people would be leary, in fact, most people seem to be).

At the end of the day, all I was trying to do was gauge the general feeling from everyone regarding the validity of this website. If it was indeed valid, I would have entered and probably followed the site. I'm sorry if I ruined your deal...
February 10, 2010 9:42:49 AM

steve9207 said:
Wow - I did not expect all this after posting their Whois results ;) 

Sticker - I only posted it because I was not familiar with this site and as others above me have mentioned, there have been far too many scams, where simple information like this can tend to point you towards making the right decision. I appreciate you trying to share the deal with us, if that was your only intention.

However, I also have to ask - I notice you are a "Newcomer" with 4 posts in total, all in this thread. Are you affiliated with this website hosting the give-a-way? If so, maybe you can lend some more insight as to the need for so much personal information. (If not, again, I mean no offense, it just seems odd to sign up for TH's only to alert everyone of this deal - maybe I'm too cautious to give out all of my personal info like that, but I think most people would be leary, in fact, most people seem to be).

At the end of the day, all I was trying to do was gauge the general feeling from everyone regarding the validity of this website. If it was indeed valid, I would have entered and probably followed the site. I'm sorry if I ruined your deal...

Well I will not lie about this, but yes I am affiliated with this website. Therefore I can ensure you that this free giveaway is no scam and the information gained will be absoluty kept private in all situations. But I have to agree with you, a first free giveaway from a website not known now which is totally new, it isn't very clever to ask for personal information and therefore upcoming free giveaways/promotions will be kept more private and users only need to email their username and correct answered questions.

Unfortunatly the free giveaway has ended, but I will keep you guys posted for new ones.
February 10, 2010 9:39:56 PM

sticker said:
Well I will not lie about this, but yes I am affiliated with this website. Therefore I can ensure you that this free giveaway is no scam and the information gained will be absoluty kept private in all situations. But I have to agree with you, a first free giveaway from a website not known now which is totally new, it isn't very clever to ask for personal information and therefore upcoming free giveaways/promotions will be kept more private and users only need to email their username and correct answered questions.

Unfortunatly the free giveaway has ended, but I will keep you guys posted for new ones.

Sticker, I respect the fact that you acknowledged your affiliation with this website. I think as the site continues to grow and if it has a large known group following, future give-a-ways will go smoother. I hope you understand why I, and others, were hesitant. Question out of curiosity - of the winners posted on the site, are any of the users from Tom's Hardware?

Steve
February 11, 2010 7:44:34 AM

steve9207 said:
Sticker, I respect the fact that you acknowledged your affiliation with this website. I think as the site continues to grow and if it has a large known group following, future give-a-ways will go smoother. I hope you understand why I, and others, were hesitant. Question out of curiosity - of the winners posted on the site, are any of the users from Tom's Hardware?

Steve

Yes I understand completely and therefore apologize for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunatly none of the users posted on the site are from Tom's Hardware. As I can see only one or two members of Tom's have attended the giveaway. For a next giveaway I will keep you guys posted!
February 11, 2010 10:17:12 PM

C'mon now...After this fiasco, what did you expect? :pt1cable: 
!