Local Area Connection - a network cable unplugged!

Beside the clock an icon is crossed out stating that
message. What do i do?
9 answers Last reply
More about local area connection network cable unplugged

    If your motherboard has an integrated Network card that is not being used,
    it will show this.. go to START - SETTINGS - select NETWORK CONNECTIONS..
    now select PROPERTIES and uncheck the 'show icon in notification area when
    connected'..

    Good luck

    "Jude" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Beside the clock an icon is crossed out stating that
    > message. What do i do?

    "I have tried that Mike and nothing has changed! I am using aol but it also
    states Qserve - disconnected?

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 05:43:28 -0800, "Jude" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    FWIW: That refers to a network not a dial up. So the 1st question for a correct
    answer is, are you on dial up or a network ?

    Dial up cure = Start->right click 'my computer'->Hardware tab->device
    manager->network adapters.

    Look down and see if anything is red x'ed out.
    in my case it's a 3com gigabit driver.

    then start->control panel->network connections->
    Using my 3com gigabit thing above as an example, the driver has installed
    itself for future use also here. But it also needs to be disabled here.
    under LAN or High speed Internet the device name for 'local area connection2' =
    3com gigabit.
    select that connection right click and disable.
    might need a reboot. it's been ages since I did this.

    If you're not on dial up, use another solution. I'd guess you're missing a
    driver if not on dial up.

    >Beside the clock an icon is crossed out stating that
    >message. What do i do?

    Jude..

    If you have two 'local area connections' and one of them indicates
    'disconnected', try deleting the 'disconnected' connection..

    Jude wrote:
    > Beside the clock an icon is crossed out stating that
    > message. What do i do?

    Have you just tried to connect two PC's together? Which cable did you
    use? Straight or corssover? You need a crossover cable for 2 PC's or
    this error will occur.
    The straight is for router/switch to computer whereas the crossover is
    for computer to computer.

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    No I didn't try o connect two pc's. Thanks anyway! Any other suggestions?

    Jude wrote:
    > "I have tried that Mike and nothing has changed! I am using aol but
    > it also states Qserve - disconnected?

    Try looking on here for possible solutions..
    http://snipurl.com/ac3v
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)
    Not many people are named after plane crashes

    Thank you so much that was truelly great of you. And I'm pleased you
    explained that its for broadband. Thank you.

    YW

    And it's not for broadband only. It is for networking, be it internet or a
    local network...

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Jude" <Jude@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä

    > Thank you so much that was truelly great of you. And I'm pleased you
    > explained that its for broadband. Thank you.

Connection Microsoft Cable Windows XP