terminator1956

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
I have just bought a Chaintech 7NJS Mobo and it more than meets my expectations I have an XP 2 gig Processor 266 FSB. I am thinking of getting one of the XP 2.7 333FSB CPU's, would an upgrade be worthwhile, and would i notice a very big increase in speed Etc. I have 512 Meg of 333 Memory. Also I have a Zalman copper HSF, with the fan turned up to full speed the CPU runs at 59 degree's celsius, Is this too hot, I don't seem to have any crashes Or BSOD's.

Your thoughts would be welcome

Thank you

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
Yes an upgrade would make a difference but I dont think the upgrade would give you the huge results you would be hoping for...I think I would be happy with what you had until prices drop a little on those chips....if your computer is running 59C at idle that is pretty warm...but as long as you arent seeing any problems then you shouldnt worry about it...what kind of air flow setup do you have in your case? it does make a difference....if you want a performance boost at no cost, up the fsb a little which will increase your memory performance....but then again you better watch your temps if you are running warm at stock...the best heatsink/fan combo you can buy right now for your processor, which will give you around 46C temps at idle is the thermalright slk-800, artic silver III thermal paste and a thermaltake smartfan II