Fuzzy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Just wondering about Check Disk. When I right click on MY Computer and the
System Properties windows comes up, I do not have a "Tool" tab as shown in my
Windows XP Manual. Is this utility only on Retail versions and not on
preinstalled versions? Thanks for any info you can give.

Fuzzy:
The Tools tab does not appear in the System Properties window. Open My
Computer. Right-click the hard drive icon; click Properties. You should see
a window with several tabs. Click Tools>Error Checking.
--
randwulf57

"Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering about Check Disk. When I right click on MY Computer and
> the
> System Properties windows comes up, I do not have a "Tool" tab as shown in
> my
> Windows XP Manual. Is this utility only on Retail versions and not on
> preinstalled versions? Thanks for any info you can give.

Fuzzy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Thank you for help - found it. Have a great day.

"randwulf57" wrote:

> Fuzzy:
> The Tools tab does not appear in the System Properties window. Open My
> Computer. Right-click the hard drive icon; click Properties. You should see
> a window with several tabs. Click Tools>Error Checking.
> --
> randwulf57
>
> "Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just wondering about Check Disk. When I right click on MY Computer and
> > the
> > System Properties windows comes up, I do not have a "Tool" tab as shown in
> > my
> > Windows XP Manual. Is this utility only on Retail versions and not on
> > preinstalled versions? Thanks for any info you can give.

Fuzzy:
You're welcome.