Sign in with
Your question
Closed

crysis vs halo

Last response: in Video Games
July 6, 2008 11:27:29 AM

hey guys its one of these big questions master chief vs nomad who will win?
i found a post somewhere else and it was funny to read what some of the people were posting
"Nomad can just cloak and sneak up on chief"
"Nomad has Maximum strength"
i really feel if they had a battle together master chief would come out the victory

post your thoughts

also where can i find where to change the workgroup on vista, default is WORKGROUP and i wont to change to MSHOME so were have file and printer sharing
thanks heaps

More about : crysis halo

July 6, 2008 1:32:00 PM

nomad because i hate halo
July 6, 2008 3:52:20 PM

I would also go with Nomad, because while slightly over-rated, he's not nearly as over-rated as Master Chief and the Halo series. Plus, he does have maximum speed, and Master Chief moves around pretty slowly. :) 
Related resources
July 6, 2008 5:48:28 PM

This is dumb.
July 6, 2008 5:55:20 PM

The chief fo' sho'! Look at the things he has done - fallen out of orbit and landed then just stood up again. Nomad would have NO chance in hell.
Anonymous
July 6, 2008 6:58:05 PM

I believe a balrog would win
July 7, 2008 12:06:11 PM

MAXIMUM STRENGTH HEADBUTT!

CLOAK ENGAGED.
July 7, 2008 1:17:54 PM

Gordon Freeman would pwn both of their assess because I'm a Valve fanboi and I really don't see what the hard-on about Halo and Crysis is (although granted Crysis on max settings is erection-inducingly gorgeous...but then so's Source when done right).
July 7, 2008 1:23:16 PM

Errrr

Has Nomad defeated two whole civilisations

No.

Does he require a hypothetical supercomputer to do so?

Does MC have active camoflage?

Halo > Crysis.
July 7, 2008 2:34:54 PM

halo was an awful game, crysis is an awful game, its like comparing watery diarrhoea with lumpy diarrhoea.
July 7, 2008 3:01:53 PM

hellgate london?
July 7, 2008 3:15:00 PM

infairness Halo was awesome.
July 7, 2008 3:19:06 PM

no it had repetitive enviroments, bad graphics, auto-aim, bright colours for all the little kiddies, the story was ok but was nothing compared to PC games of that time.

Crysis has weapons as powerful as a super soaker, incredibly bad AI, soldiers that come from a place were you've just killed everyone. im so sick of shooting the AI from behind while they shout and look everywhere but me, and im on the hardest difficulty.

want to experiance a good game? try COD4, or play counter Strike in proper matches, Dues Ex, Half Life 2, Half Life, F.E.A.R... etc, etc
July 7, 2008 3:41:14 PM

lol yeah tell me about it, this is the clan: www.dragonrock.org im part of.

its all good fun though even if you do get beat, and because of the age of the game the majority of people are nice friendly and mature, especially if you avoid public servers and play with other clans.

July 9, 2008 1:16:38 AM

LePhuronn said:
Gordon Freeman would pwn both of their assess because I'm a Valve fanboi and I really don't see what the hard-on about Halo and Crysis is (although granted Crysis on max settings is erection-inducingly gorgeous...but then so's Source when done right).

Quote:
Gordon Freeman FTW!!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Sure the MC has dropped from orbit and defeated the covenant. But he also had unlimited weapons to choose from. Gordon used a freakin crowbar.

Sure Nomad has all of those but lets face it. Dark Energy Gravity Gun would PWN him so bad even with cloak on.

So I will write in my vote for Gordon Freeman.

As for the games, Crysis has the graphics but Halo has a pretty good story. Yes they are both very over rated but man I used to love playing Halo (the original) with my bro on coop as Suicide Boy aka Kamakazi Boy. I would load up on sticky grenades and shotgun and on the hardest mode when fighting the flood, I would run in throw all my nades and shot them all till I died. Then there would only be a few left so my bro would clean up the mess and wait till I respawn. Rinse and Repeat.

But still. FREEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 10, 2008 8:46:59 PM

I don't know about Freeman. He's got a nice chick and a pretty cool puppy...but he's lame and a mute.

The MasterChief hears voices...he claims his helmet talks to him and tells him to destroy Rings in space. I think he just witnessed a bad marriage. Celebrity magazine reports he is doing well in detox but still needs much improvement.

I'm not saying Nomad is the man, he's got an EA tattoo on his back and that makes him a sell-out....but I still think he wins this battle.
Anonymous
July 11, 2008 1:33:33 AM

as I said earlier... I think a balrog with laser eyes and anti-grav wings would win... then he could conquer the world XD
July 11, 2008 3:53:12 PM

One of the fast headcrabs from HL2 attached to Nomad in his Nano Suit.

Maximum wtfomgravenholmpwnage!
July 11, 2008 4:54:57 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
I don't know about Freeman. He's got a nice chick and a pretty cool puppy...but he's lame and a mute.

The MasterChief hears voices...he claims his helmet talks to him and tells him to destroy Rings in space. I think he just witnessed a bad marriage. Celebrity magazine reports he is doing well in detox but still needs much improvement.

I'm not saying Nomad is the man, he's got an EA tattoo on his back and that makes him a sell-out....but I still think he wins this battle.

Meh I still disagree. Freeman is Freeman. He has been with us since 1997. Nomad is new. He can't just bust in here like he owns the place. he needs to earn his place. Master Chief has earned a little (he wouldn't be able to beat Freeman still) respect.

Besides from Freeman we also have Adrian Sheapherd and Barney and GLaDOS and the TF2 cast. Thats one hell of a fight Nomad would have.
July 24, 2008 11:38:54 PM

...LUMPY DIAHREA FTW!
July 25, 2008 12:03:33 AM

Flakes said:
halo was an awful game, crysis is an awful game, its like comparing watery diarrhoea with lumpy diarrhoea.

amen!
July 25, 2008 9:21:14 PM

Okay most people posting here need to STFU. The OP didn't ask about which game you like, he wanted to know who would win. First off, Gordon Freeman, while the main character in an awesome game, would be owned my MC and Nomad. All he has is the HEV suit, but no powers or even extra strength. Nomad has the nanosuit, so he gets added abilities to enhance his human characteristics, but he would still be killed by Master Chief. MC, for those who have read the Halo Books, would easily kill all of them. First, he has been enhanced surgically with numerous physical abilites, like extreme muscle growth and bone density. Second, he has the MJOLNIR suit, which would absorb most anything Gordon or Nomad could throw at him AS well as increasing him physically even more. And Halo had to lower his speed for balance purposes, the Spartans have topspeeds of something like 30 kmh. Also, MC has a motion sensor, so Nomad's cloaking is pointless. I think that there are just alot of fanboys here who are going to answer based on which game they like best. I like all of the games equally, so I have a neutral opinion.
July 25, 2008 9:37:13 PM

Alright kids, Freeman and Nomad are from the same timeline. John 117 is 500 years younger! His technology has been accelerated by the invasion of aliens! He will PWN!!! I will say that Freeman is a badass though. Nomad is a typical soldier who sounds nothing like he just fell a thousand feet into the ocean. "What waaaaaas that"?

Final Balance
-2 Cents
July 26, 2008 2:25:02 PM

Kirby would chew them up and spit them out!
July 26, 2008 5:49:22 PM

Mario or Donkey Kong would totally own everyone here!!!!!!!!!

</my contribution to a stupid thread>
July 31, 2008 8:09:31 PM

Quote:
I believe a balrog would win

Maplestory Fan? *screams NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRD* no offense lol my 17 year old friend loves maple too.

You can't compare a normal trained soldier with a powerful suit, with a normal trained soldier with a super powerful suit. Master chief can bash a truck over, and he has tooooo much armor and hp. Nomad can lift up a box. Master chief is more into the future, with a more powerful suit. Nomad isn't set that much into the future, with more realistic things. This comparing is just stupid. God wins.

As you can tell, I'm a halo-hater. Halo is dumb >.<

edit: i fell of an elevator and died in hl1 -.-
now i vote for dog and vance because they CANNOT die in hl2, unless they fall into a bottomless pit, like what i make her did in hl1 ep1..... master chief is killable (killable is what every halo fan says now) but alyx and dog isnt.
September 17, 2011 3:09:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!