1 year later and no rpg's for ps3

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I bought my ps3 for rpg's but since final fantasy keeps getting pushed there does not seem to be any.

The lack of rpgs shows i don't like fps,or any of the hack n slash games that are out, there does not seem to be much in the way of rpg's for any of the consoles even pc.

Guess ill have to wait for final fantasy......

exfileme

Splendid
There's Oblivion and Enchanted Arms. If you head into the Action/RPG department, you'll find Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom. But yeah.... outside the two hard-core RPGs, the PlayStation 3 is quite barren in that genre.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
On top of that, there is rumor that the next Final Fantasy game will go cross platform. The moral of the story is never buy a console for a game that isn't out yet.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

I know this is old, but I felt it needed to be said..

The PS3 has games? :kaola:

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
It's always the way, RPG's take longer than most other games to design and build. So the good ones are always released a year or 2 after the console is released. We just got Metal Gear Solid for the PS3, history will tell us that all the good RPG's are not long off.

I get the feeling this guy is talking about Japanese RPG's not the Americanised ones that have next to no story, or at least not very good ones at any rate. You shall soon see all the RPG's coming to light, although it wont be as saturated as it has been in past years due to the increased complexity of manufacturing games for consoles.

Oh and don't forget Final Fantasy 12 has not even been out for 2 years (not in Europe at any rate) and since when has there ever been a Final Fantasy released within 2 years of each other (Bar Final Fantasy 10-2 'does not count :p').

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
bah i wish someone would find all the FF10 and FF10x2 and fly them into space... there the only two FF games i ever regretted buying.

i have ALL of the FF games btw, apart from the MMORPG.