Motherboard selection need help and advice.

randy1001

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
I'm putting together a new system and I'm having problems deceiding from the following 3 motherboards. All have good reviews, etc. Has anyone had any expirence with these boards to give me a feel for one or the other? Thanks, Randy

ASUS P4PE/R/L/SATA
ABIT IT7-MAX 2 V2.0
GIGABYTE 8PE667 Ultra

athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
i have been using the gigabyte in my machine for about 3 months now and i also have one on the shelf for my best friends new machine. my nephew just put one in his new machine and that kid overclocks so much he can't put the cover on his case due to overclocking it so high (he also has a raid set-up and he says it's working great). the sound on its not great but i put in an audigy 2. make sure you diable the wake on lan. mine was booting up on its own and there was nothing attached to it. also if you don't plan on doing raid, like me, don't diable it in the bios because that diables ide 3, 4 which can be used for regular ide devices. (ex my set-up: hard drive-ide 1, dvd-rom-ide 2 and cdrw-ide 3. all set-up as master devices)

i also suggest the ati 128mb 9500pro ($197 @ newegg) for a video card and also a 400w power supply.

good luck.