DO I HAVE THE WORST LUCK OR WHAT!!??

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Ok, maybe im just getting all crazy again and im over looking something.

but i got that gigabyte motherboard kt400 that supports 333fsb. from a local store.

i power up for the first time, i see posting.. HURRAHHHAY i see finally im running XP2800+ and the memory is fine!

but the window sits @ the part where it says detecting ide drives. and its just sits there, then says none... and the monitor then says... no signal. i have the hitachi.

i tried 3 different cables... and i tried have the jumper from master... then having it to Cable Select...

made sure all connections were good.

it's a maxtor 80gb drive! wtf is going on here? please help.

Is THG Slightly Slacking??

Hit the "del" key when posting, and check the bios for any auto detect program. It should be in the first or second section on the left side of the bios. It should list all ide devices for master and slave. I would use master-slave, not cable select for your jumpers. Be sure the blue end of the cable is on the mobo, and your 4 pin connector is good. I had one fail recently, and it gave a hardisk failure at posting, until I switched connectors.

roncarney

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
Try reversing the cable from however you have it now; that sometimes works

Marge: Homer, stop picking at your head
Homer: Aw Marge, Im so sweet and tasty!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ralph Wiggum: I bent my wookie!

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
deffinetly did that, i had it on master, then cable select.. tried 3 different cables... uhhhgg... i just hope this board from GoogleGear works!

Is THG Slightly Slacking??