Sign in with
Your question

How do I flash my bois without a Floppy drive?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2003 10:58:11 PM

I want to flash my bios, yet I don't have a floppy drive. The bios can only be run from a dos enviornment and I run XP. Is there anyways I can start up in DOS or how do you create a bootable cd without to much trouble?
January 14, 2003 11:30:41 PM

go to bootdisk.com and download the xp version and save it to a folder.burn the file to the cdr disc.go into your bios and make 1st boot device cd/rom drive.
January 15, 2003 12:03:11 AM

or just buy a 10 dollar floppy disk u should have one for times like this
Related resources
January 15, 2003 12:22:45 AM

That doesn't work. The program is an .exe which tells me to insert a floppy disk to make a bunch of bootable floppy disks.

Why waste $10, I don't even use floppies anymore.
January 15, 2003 1:11:51 AM

It depends on what motherboard you have. Some manufactures have Windows based applications that will flash the bios. I can flash my A7N8X with the Asus Update utility directly from the desktop.

<font color=purple> You know its bad when license plate letters all look like file extensions </font color=purple>
January 15, 2003 1:57:33 AM

I already stated that my bios can only be updated from a DOS enviornment ONLY in my first post. Thanks anyways.
January 15, 2003 3:41:07 AM

But why not say what's the name of your mobo? I have a Gigabyte mobo and the bios ugrade I do it in XP
!