how do i get all the icons on the desktop for each user?

Hi there, have just got a new computer and dont know too much about windows
etc, so forgive me if im being stupid. After setting up new accounts for the
different people in my family, i have opened up my account, and then have
installed my wireless broadband and other programs. However, if I go into
all the other accounts, the desktop icons are not there, do I have to
reinstall these programs again, or should i be doing all this via an
administrator account, which would then add these programs automatically to
all of the accounts... any help would be much appreciated..Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about icons desktop user

    After you open a User Account, rightclick center of screen and click Arrange
    icons by>then Show Desktop icons. If they have access to particular programs
    then the icons should show, if not, then access was not granted. :~)

    "stevejay79" wrote:

    > Hi there, have just got a new computer and dont know too much about windows
    > etc, so forgive me if im being stupid. After setting up new accounts for the
    > different people in my family, i have opened up my account, and then have
    > installed my wireless broadband and other programs. However, if I go into
    > all the other accounts, the desktop icons are not there, do I have to
    > reinstall these programs again, or should i be doing all this via an
    > administrator account, which would then add these programs automatically to
    > all of the accounts... any help would be much appreciated..Thanks

Desktops Windows XP