Expectations and Predictions for E3 2008

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
Article by Travis Meacham.

E3 2008 is right around the corner and with it comes a storm of screenshots, trailers and gameplay movies. Here are a few of our predictions for the show and some of the games we'd like to get our hands on.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/07/08/e32008_preview/

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I think you nailed all the games I wanted to see. There are some games that won't be there (like Blizzard, and I think Valve doesn't go to E3).

winsrp

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
Is EA / DICE comming?

what about battlefield heroes, when is it comming out for real??? is there a BF3 on the works for PC?

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

BF: Heroes is currently in a closed Beta, I believe. We hope to have a preview on the game soon (depending on press embargoes, of course). I'm not sure if EA will be showing the game next week, given that it's a free game, but we'll see.

As for other Battlfield titles, check this out:

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/06/25/battlefield_5titles/

dirtylemons

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
'Hitman V' is the game I'm most eager for. And I'm really hoping a teaser or something is shown at E3, especially since (to my recollection) this is the longest Eidos has gone without releasing any real 'Hitman' information.

I thought I heard that 'The Godfather Part II' will be shown at E3, but I can't find any articles to back that up now.

'Dragon Quest IX' have I been patiently waiting for more information about.

'Mafia II' seems to have flown under the radar and I would like an update on that game's status.

Both Frontier Development's 'The Outsider' and Pandemic's 'Saboteur' are games that look (so far) and sound extremely promising, but I haven't heard anything new in quite a while now.

I hear that the release date for inXile's 'Hei$t' is soon approaching, but I've been hearing that for a while now, and all I've seen of it are a few screenshots and a developer interview, so confirmation that the game is either rapidly approaching or has been delayed (again) would be nice.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I know it's a fairly long shot but I would like to hear some announcement about the development of Thief 4 at E3 as we know Edios Canada are working on a game beginning with the letter 'T'.

Lev_Astov

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I could really go for some information about Cryostasis, by Action Forms. It's a horror shooter that looks awesome, but has gotten no love from the media whatsoever. The developer is from Kiev, though, so I don't know how likely it is that they'll be at E3.

G

project offset better be there... I love it...

I think left 4 dead looks amazing... its a valve game so its top quality... and the idea of it looks amazing...

the zombie mod for cod 4 is amazing... (the 1.25 version or w/e it is) and if its anything like that it will be so much better... just because its dedicated to that... and there are actually good models of zombies XD

Jmorelli0623

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I would love to see more on the upcoming Lucasarts game: The Force Unleashed. I am a huge fan of StarWars and have been eagerly awaiting the move to the next gen consoles. I really want to know if this game will feature any multiplayer mode for the Xbox 360. I know that so far there is an exclusive duel mode for the Wii, but is Lucasarts really leaving PS3 and Xbox 360 owners out of the multiplayer fun completely. Perhaps you guys can make a recommendation for multiplayer support and downloadable content for the 360. SW: Episode 3 for the original Xbox had great multiplayer versus and co-op modes, and i can't understand why they would leave this out of the next gen releases. (face it the Wii is not really next gen hardware wise only i/o wise) :bounce:

Jmorelli0623

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I would love to see more on the upcoming Lucasarts game: The Force Unleashed. I am a huge fan of StarWars and have been eagerly awaiting the move to the next gen consoles. I really want to know if this game will feature any multiplayer mode for the Xbox 360. I know that so far there is an exclusive duel mode for the Wii, but is Lucasarts really leaving PS3 and Xbox 360 owners out of the multiplayer fun completely. Perhaps you guys can make a recommendation for multiplayer support and downloadable content for the 360. SW: Episode 3 for the original Xbox had great multiplayer versus and co-op modes, and i can't understand why they would leave this out of the next gen releases. (face it the Wii is not really next gen hardware wise only i/o wise) :bounce:

LkS

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
I would like to hear about Mafia II and ArmA II. Not sure if they will be there though. Also I am hoping (I think along with many other PC gamers) for some news on GTA IV PC.

LkS

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
There are very few games right now that are actually trying to take the medium to new heights, tell a good story and are ambitious and try new things instead of making safe investments for EA/MS. GTA IV is one of them and I want to play it without buying a console with poor controls and outdated hardware.

Rifte

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Games im looking for are Left4Dead, BF3 and Jumpgate:evolution
Im hoping BF3 will be announced, coz BF:BC is like a punch in the face to all the PC BF2 fans