Upgrading Win98 to XP sp2

Ran the compatibility test. Found the usual issues with certain hardware.
Only concern was that XP didn't support my modem. Didn't want to convert and
not be able to go online to download updated drivers, etc. ?, how do I get
the modem issue resolved so that I can convert to XP and get online to fix
the other problems?

EMTBClark@aol.com

"EMTBClark@aol.com" <EMTBClark@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:5D22D3CF-BB52-46F1-8F52-98B15B19B0C0@microsoft.com
> Ran the compatibility test. Found the usual issues with certain
> hardware. Only concern was that XP didn't support my modem. Didn't
> want to convert and not be able to go online to download updated
> drivers, etc. ?, how do I get the modem issue resolved so that I can
> convert to XP and get online to fix the other problems?
>
> EMTBClark@aol.com

Buy a new modem that works with WinXP?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Check with the manufacturer and see if there are Windows XP drivers
for their modem.
Download them and save to floppy or CD.
Otherwise time for a new modem.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

EMTBClark@aol.com wrote:
> Ran the compatibility test. Found the usual issues with certain
> hardware. Only concern was that XP didn't support my modem. Didn't
> want to convert and not be able to go online to download updated
> drivers, etc. ?, how do I get the modem issue resolved so that I can
> convert to XP and get online to fix the other problems?
>
> EMTBClark@aol.com

Replace the modem with one that is WinXP-compatible.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH

papa

Go to the modem maker's website (or the motherboard maker's website if the
modem is built into the motherboard) and search for an XP driver. Then save
it to a floppy or CD and install it after you install XP.

Also, since you are apparently using dialup, go to the Microsoft website (if
you don't already have SP2 on a CD) and order SP2. It is free and shipping
is free. SP2 is much too large to download with dialup.

By the way, using your real email address in public forums such as this
newsgroup just invites spam - and worse. Create a fake address.