Sign in with
Your question

New Nintendo DS2 - almost here

Last response: in Video Games
July 9, 2008 4:16:11 PM

here's an image and a video of the possible NDS2.

http://tinyurl.com/6ouppk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWi3QsH1A2E

What kind of improvements would you guys want to see if there's a new DS. I've always had a problem with the volume control on the bottom of the DS because my pinky would sometimes move it by accident so I put it on the side this time. please add in any suggestions if you have any. :bounce: 

More about : nintendo ds2

July 9, 2008 4:40:38 PM

it doesn't look any difference, so assuming that is not faked.... all I can assume is more horsepower and better battery life.
July 10, 2008 1:00:05 PM

As long as it is backwards compatible with the original DS games it'll have potential. I'm not sure how I feel about the different sized screens. It seems like it would be more difficult to view the two screens as one in that configuration. Perhaps I'm wrong though. I'd have to try it out and see.

More horsepower and better graphics are the only improvements I could really see being worth while. I'd prefer a thicker bottom half of the device as my hands hurt after holding my lite for a while, but I'm probably in the minority on that.
Related resources
July 25, 2008 8:08:20 AM

I think the video is FAKE.

Why didn't Nintendo even hint at a DS2 at the E3 conference that just took place last week?

I watched the whole thing on G4TV and heard nothing about it.

When is the DS2 rumored to come out?
August 3, 2008 2:54:21 AM

actually X-play announced the new handheld a few days ago... apparently, nintendo's sale for the ds started to decline in japan, so they started making the new console... i might actually get this one, hopefully its just not another redesign
August 3, 2008 6:49:48 AM

eklipz330 said:
actually X-play announced the new handheld a few days ago... apparently, nintendo's sale for the ds started to decline in japan, so they started making the new console... i might actually get this one, hopefully its just not another redesign
Any ETA on when it will come to market and what the retail price might be? Got a link to G4TV on this?
August 4, 2008 2:15:37 AM

Has anything actually been confirmed yet?
December 28, 2008 4:54:08 AM

That's a fake.

The only thing that is coming out Mid 2009 from Nintendo is the DSI.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...

It is the same thing as the current DS except:
- Both screens are marginally bigger
- Both Screens are touch sensitive
- 2 digital / web cams are built in to it
Anonymous
January 29, 2009 4:12:51 PM

I cant tell if thats fake or not but I have been seeing a whole lot of crud about the ds 2. some of them are cool and some are too cool to exist.
Anonymous
January 29, 2009 4:25:59 PM

look at this model

January 30, 2009 12:19:20 AM

I am calling fake on that one.
February 7, 2009 4:05:47 PM

I think that the ds needs to louder and be able to watch movies and listen to music
and get on the internet everywhere u go
December 25, 2009 10:58:54 PM

*** *** would someone post what it does? (I already tried Googling it, so don't suggest that. it doesn't show any results AT ALL. well ones that actually have info.
!