XLS extension

I am in a group in which one person insists on sending out information with
the "XLS" extension. I understand that this is an Excel program. Does anyone
know how I can convert (or something like that) this file so I can read it.
TIA
Dannie

Free Excel Viewer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote:

>I am in a group in which one person insists on sending out information with
>the "XLS" extension. I understand that this is an Excel program. Does anyone
>know how I can convert (or something like that) this file so I can read it.
>TIA
>Dannie

Best solution would be to download and install the free Excel viewer
program from Microsoft. Get if from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4eb83149-91da-4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c&displaylang=en

That will allow you to view and to print these files. You will not be
able to modify them or to create new ones.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Gordon

Dannie wrote:
> I am in a group in which one person insists on sending out
> information with the "XLS" extension. I understand that this is an
> Excel program. Does anyone know how I can convert (or something like
> that) this file so I can read it. TIA
> Dannie

Even better than the "viewer" solution - get Open Office
(www.openoffice.org) which will allow you to open, edit and save Excel
files. And it's FREE! (The latest version even has their version of Pivot
tables!)