Removing an Operating system Windows XPpro

I recently re-installed Windows XP pro onto my computer. I was attempting to
do a clean install, but instead I have ended installing the OS twice. I get a
choice when I boot up. Is it possible to remove the old OS?

thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about removing operating system windows xppro

    Hi

    Please see if the following article by Michael Stevens helps:

    "I have two installations of XP on the same partition, how do I remove the
    one I don't need?"
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently re-installed Windows XP pro onto my computer. I was attempting
    > do a clean install, but instead I have ended installing the OS twice. I
    > get a
    > choice when I boot up. Is it possible to remove the old OS?
    >
    > thank you

    "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I recently re-installed Windows XP pro onto my computer. I was attempting to
    >do a clean install, but instead I have ended installing the OS twice. I get a
    >choice when I boot up. Is it possible to remove the old OS?
    >
    >thank you

    Do you have two different installations of Windows XP, or just two
    choices at startup, both of which take you to the same place?

    Use Start - Run - MSCONFIG; go to the BOOT.INI tab and click on the
    button to "Check all boot paths". That may clear things up for you.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    This very helpful. Thanks for your time Will.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following article by Michael Stevens helps:
    >
    > "I have two installations of XP on the same partition, how do I remove the
    > one I don't need?"
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recently re-installed Windows XP pro onto my computer. I was attempting
    > > do a clean install, but instead I have ended installing the OS twice. I
    > > get a
    > > choice when I boot up. Is it possible to remove the old OS?
    > >
    > > thank you

    They are two seperate systems

    "Ron Martell" wrote:

    > "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I recently re-installed Windows XP pro onto my computer. I was attempting to
    > >do a clean install, but instead I have ended installing the OS twice. I get a
    > >choice when I boot up. Is it possible to remove the old OS?
    > >
    > >thank you
    >
    > Do you have two different installations of Windows XP, or just two
    > choices at startup, both of which take you to the same place?
    >
    > Use Start - Run - MSCONFIG; go to the BOOT.INI tab and click on the
    > button to "Check all boot paths". That may clear things up for you.
    >
    > Good luck
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP