A7N8X Question for the Experts

Mistwolf

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
Hey guys, I'm really contemplating getting the A7N8X w/ 1GB PC3200 and a shiny 2800 XP+.

Problem is the wifey. It's hard to sneak a full system past her... I gotta do it in steps =) So, my question is, I'm currently running an Athlon 1400 with PC133 RAM. Would this antiquated hardware work on the new MoBo until next month, when I could sneak a new processor or some new RAM by her? =) If it would work, which would you upgrade first - RAM or the Processor?

roncarney

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
OMG MistWolf, are married to the same woman LOL
I am building a system the same way.
Currently all I have is:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 2800+

The good news is, RAM prices are in a slow decline so by the time I get mine, it should be free hehehe

Marge: Homer, stop picking at your head
Homer: Aw Marge, Im so sweet and tasty!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ralph Wiggum: I bent my wookie!

stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Chad has a good point,dinner and flowers work wonders to soften the blow. They love that romantic stuff.

Another Gatesware Drone. You WILL Be Assimilated.
My rig:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP1700
Abit Siluro GForce2 AGP
2x 256m crucial ram

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
case in point: I got the wife a Movado watch for Christmas. When I gave it to her, the first thing she said was "I guess this means you want some sort of computer equipment"

Shwing!

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Jeez guys, I just buy it now and worry about the consequences later... Besides she's not exactly fruggle either. I tell her that would she rather I go out to the bars and drink for recreation or sit at home and play games. If she favors the latter than I "have" to upgrade because my games "won't" run otherwise.