Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W
GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X48
Corsair (2 X 2Gb) 240 pin 800 DDR2
Seagate Barracuda 250Gb 7200 rpm 3Gb/s SATA
SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R
2 X Ati Radeon 4850 Pci ex 2.0X16
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Power Supply 100

This is the system im gonna build, for gaming. Some games ive got in mind: Oblivion, medieval 2 total war, rome total war, and maybe flight simulator X.

I dont have flight simmulator or medieval 2 yet but theyre big candidates for me. Now then, i also wanna get a more fast paced game. Im thinking a first person shooter, maybe a racing game if people know one thats good enough.

For the first person shooter, id like it to have sandbox play, or at least a good multiplayer mode that can run well most of the time on decent dsl. Ive heard Crysis, cod4, and unreal tournament are good, but idk how well Crysis would run. Anything with a demo would be good to suggest, i still need to get the cod4 demo and try it... And of course, for this last game id be getting, i want it to have good graphics.

On the other hand, im still open for a good racing game instead of the first person shooter. I used to love the original Grand Turismo for playstation... The thing i liked, and still like, was earning money from races to purchase cars, upgrades, and all kinds of stuff. I havent looked into where the series went from there, but im definately interested in it. Or any other racing games that you liked, have demos, good graphics, good "physics", or a good overall game design, i would appreciate.

I realize that many of the good classic games dont have the best graphics, and id be ok with that for the first person shooter, but for the racing game, the cars must look sexy ;)

i sea

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I'd also be willing to hear about good recent games in other categories, or stuff that will come out for pc soon.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
Heck I'd go for Crysis with that machine...if you're SLI'ing 4850's, I think it would run pretty well at High settings. Not to mention Crysis is very sandboxy in its gameplay. It has a demo available, too, so you could try it out.

G

although most cards can run cod 4 maxed at w/e resolution you play at... its a great game... and is really fun

as for RPG... the witcher is amazing... one of the best out there... (second to zelda:twilight priness though... which is on the wii/GC)

GRID is a good racing game... I played the demos for hours =D

UT3 is also fun... although its a little to "twitchy" for me

as for RTS's I suggest supreme commander

kad

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
Flight Simulator X and Supreme Commander use 4 cores
I'm not sure if you'll get good performance with E8400
Let somebody who tried feed back

G

supreme commander works fine w/ 2 cores... I have it ... the only time it starts to get bad is when its really really late game... then you start hitting the 20 fpss

i sea

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Well you guys can continue on with this thread if you like, but i just found out i wont be allowed to build this rig :cry: . I was gonna make it with all the money ive gotten for birthdays and stuff since like sixth grade. And now im getting punished for it, kind of, unlike my sister who spends anything she gets.........

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

that really, Really sucks....

pharohwrite

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
I think it'd be awesome to creat a game which comes with a helmet some gloves and a laser gun and maybe something to go on your feet so you can walk in the game but you would go through each level and destroy all enemies with your blaster but it would all be hooked up through one cord that plugs into your laptop or regular computer and you coan chat with others people through the microphone built into the side of the helmet