HP LJ3 50 Service Error - Testing the fuser

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

Greetings,
If I power up the printer with the top open while holding
the 2 silver cartridge present switches and the cover closed
switch depressed, I should see some light (and then feel
some heat), right?

If there is no light, it might be either the fuser lamp
or the AC power supply, right?

If I take the fuser out and turn it over, there is a 2 lead
power connector on the right and a 7 lead electronic
connector on the left.

What impedances should I see on these leads?

<adthanksvance>
-het

--
"progress in software has not followed Moore's law." -John Holland

Computer Links: http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/clinks.html
H.E. Taylor http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

fuser lamp or thermal fuse on fuser assembly. Fuser lamps tend to be
short-lived. I cannot recall where the thermal-limiter fuse is on a LJ3
fuser.

"H. E. Taylor" <het@despam.autobahn.mb.ca> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> If I power up the printer with the top open while holding
> the 2 silver cartridge present switches and the cover closed
> switch depressed, I should see some light (and then feel
> some heat), right?
>
> If there is no light, it might be either the fuser lamp
> or the AC power supply, right?
>
> If I take the fuser out and turn it over, there is a 2 lead
> power connector on the right and a 7 lead electronic
> connector on the left.
>
> What impedances should I see on these leads?
>
> <adthanksvance>
> -het
>

> --
> "progress in software has not followed Moore's law." -John Holland
>
> Computer Links: http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/clinks.html
> H.E. Taylor http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/

TRENDING THREADS