JooJoo Tablet to Beat Apple's iPad to Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
where is that funny pic that needs to be included with every joojoo deal rofl!

in all seriousness coming in now at 500 dollars would mean very very little, esp with the flood of other devices at this price point, 200 would have mean it grabbed people trying to be "fashionable" on the cheap

p778

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
tomssound, anything you feel is missing from this device? anything at all? go ahead be honest...

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Looks like Apple copied another product again and made them somehow "innovative"[/citation]
well, they left the USB out... at least this one has 1

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
"beat the iPad to market" So. about 400 other tablet models did as well, going back to 1999 and even earlier. They all flopped.

Same price as iPad, but can't do H.264, can't do much 3D worth it's ass, a more limited market space, No WiFi N, and only 4GB of storage? gee, sounds like a GREAT deal! not.

G

Only 4 GB of memory? Zero apps? Zero peripherals? Zero GPS? Zero 3G? Zero ecosystem? And it still costs $500? What are these guys smokin'? Even at $300, I think this device would have a chance, but at $500, it will be a soon forgotten burp in the history of computing, alone with the Palm Foleo, the Apple Pippin and the WinCE wristwatch.

Oh I forgot, it has Flash, everyone will buy it for that reason alone.

G

It weighs 2-1/2 pounds. It has a short battery life. It has hardly any storage. It has NO apps. It has no universe of accessories. It has no GPS.

It will get run over by the iPad.

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
[citation][nom]p778[/nom]tomssound, anything you feel is missing from this device? anything at all? go ahead be honest...[/citation]

lol... i got owned by the submit button.. hahah :)

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]zelannii[/nom]"beat the iPad to market" So. about 400 other tablet models did as well, going back to 1999 and even earlier. They all flopped. Same price as iPad, but can't do H.264, can't do much 3D worth it's ass, a more limited market space, No WiFi N, and only 4GB of storage? gee, sounds like a GREAT deal! not.[/citation]Why can't it do H.264? It's Windows 7, you can do way more codecs than any Apple device. Stupid fanboi.

oncall

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Who would buy this? Seriously. No returns for opened merchandise. Warranty information, where is it and will the company even be around to honor it? Will it be in any stores so you can try before you buy? You would have to be a grade-A sucker with $500 to blow to buy this thing.

Mirth

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007

"a Web-centric OS with a boot time of 9 seconds" sure doesn't sound like Win 7 to me!

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Browser base OS?.. hmm... guess... no Win7 for it... does that means.... no multi-tasking...?... or wait, they did not mention anything about App, so I guess multi-tasking is not necessary...;)

It is good that it does come w/ flash support, but there was no mention of e-books. From its website, it just sounds like a portable bigger screen web browser, and a bigger screen media player (HD video and music)

It is fine if it is around $200 mark, but with $499 price tag?.. they are really asking too much.

G

Sleazy ass business practices. Don't know enough to point any fingers yet however. From 200 to 499. Damn him. .

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Not even close to the quality of an Ipad and without App. store compatability. If it doesn't say Ipad than it's just another wannabe tablet. Go Ipad.......

G

A buddy of mine is on the JooJoo development team and he said this is a piece of trash. The screen is so dim. They had to do camera tricks to make it pops in prints. The battery only lasts about 1.5 hours with web surfing time because of the 12 inch screen. Watching video only lasts about 40 minutes max.

Originally it was supposed to price at $200 dollars but they jacked up the price to trick people that it is a quality product but in fact it is really not.

It also crashed constantly, watching Flash stuffs. Really awful product.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]scooterlibby[/nom]I cannot think of which is a worse name: iPad or joo joo.[/citation]

Either way, product quality aside, you would feel silly saying the names out loud in public. Seriously, Joo Joo?

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]HalJordan[/nom]Either way, product quality aside, you would feel silly saying the names out loud in public. Seriously, Joo Joo?[/citation]

"You Jew" is probably what people would think you're saying....

Status
Not open for further replies.