Copy function stuck with old data

Whenever I copy some text to paste in another doc, it only saves the copied
text for a one-time paste. Instead of the desired text, I get some old text
that I had copied weeks ago. Also, if I wait too long or go through a couple
of screens, I don't get the just recently copied text but instead get this
old copied text.

Can anybody please help me to determine how to get rid of this old copied
text and to get my Ctrl C funcction working again?

Thanks in advance!
--
FIV

Start | Run | Type: clipbrd | OK |
Click the Delete X and answer YES.

There are two different clipboards.

[[The Office Clipboard and the system Clipboard

The Office Clipboard is related to the system Clipboard in the following
ways:

When you copy multiple items to the Office Clipboard, the last item you copy
is always copied to the system Clipboard.
When you clear the Office Clipboard, the system Clipboard is also cleared.
When you use the Paste command, the Paste button, or the shortcut keys
(CTRL+V), you paste the contents of the system Clipboard, not the Office
Clipboard. ]]

Open Word | Hit the F1 key | Look for help on Clipboard

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:9305436C-E98E-4A25-B32F-7D8AA7E303E4@microsoft.com,