i have bought the xp pro retail box however i have damaged..

firstly i'll just state that i am from the United Kingdom and not from the US.

I am a university student and i found out that it would be cheaper to build
my own pc and than purchase the OS cd. the system i built for £250 is P4
2.4Ghz, 512MB ram, 120Gb HDD, cd...etc which is good...

Anyways the question goes as follows:
I bought a second hand (used) winxp pro retail box. However i have damaged
the floppy disks and the only things that remain undamaged is the cd. I don't
have any other operating system. if i had 98 i would install that and than
just upgrade, but that can't be done, cos i ant got the cd.

how am i going to install this on my newly built computer?
heeeelp! Any help will be much apporiated !!!

No matter how many times you keep re-posting the same question, the
answer -- whether you are a citizen of US, UK, Australian, Japan, Poland, or
any other country; whether you are a student, a wealthy industrialist, or a
homeless vagabond -- is:

Windows XP Upgrade will not install unless you have a qualifying Operating
System from which to upgrade.

Windows XP full version CD is bootable so you don't need floppies.

--
steve

nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
remove _thenut_ to reach me