Sign in with
Your question

Elitegroup K7VZA rev3.0 won't boot

Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2003 3:36:31 PM

My system is : Duron 800, Gforce 2mx, elitegroup K7vza rev 3.0 motherbord, bios 3.7, 400 wattage PSU. When I replace the duron 800 with a duron 1300 the system will no longer boot, no beeps from the bios, nothing on screen, it shuts down after a few seconds. When I replace the cooler with a smaller one, nothing happens but the system don't shuts down. After reinstalling the duron 800 everything works all right. I bought yet another CPU but the results are the same. If anyone can give me a suggestion what could be the problem I will be very thankfull.
January 16, 2003 4:29:40 PM

Quote:
My system is : Duron 800, Gforce 2mx, elitegroup K7vza rev 3.0 motherbord, bios 3.7, 400 wattage PSU. When I replace the duron 800 with a duron 1300 the system will no longer boot, no beeps from the bios, nothing on screen, it shuts down after a few seconds. When I replace the cooler with a smaller one, nothing happens but the system don't shuts down. After reinstalling the duron 800 everything works all right. I bought yet another CPU but the results are the same. If anyone can give me a suggestion what could be the problem I will be very thankfull.

That is a strange problem...the bios you have supports all the latest cpus so you are good there...and being that it works fine with the 800mhz cpu and not with that one is the fishy thing...The first thing I would do is to clear the cmos by cmos jumper. This is usually the first thing I do whenever I change cpu's...then replace the cpu..If this doesnt work then I would think you had a bad cpu but since this isnt the first time that it has happened then I would try the cpu on another mobo to make sure you didnt have REALLY BAD LUCK getting two bad cpu's =]
!