Sign in with
Your question

Call of Duty: World at War Preview

Last response: in Video Games
July 16, 2008 4:45:14 AM

Preview by Rob Wright

Activision previewed the newest installment of the Call of Duty series, titled World at War, which brings the franchise back to World War II. But this time, players will be doing battle in the Pacific theater.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/07/16/callofduty_worldatwar_preview/
July 16, 2008 9:39:00 AM

Thnaks alot for the link :)  i like all COD series from COD1 to COD4 and i hope this will be good too :) 
July 16, 2008 12:32:35 PM

2 years ain't much when you're using an outdated engine, but cod4 is pretty damn fun. I never really liked WW2 (or earlier, bows and muskets VS plasma cannons and rocket launchers..) games, but this one sounds like my cup of tea.

I'd like my crouch-jump back please.
Related resources
July 16, 2008 12:42:34 PM

Good article. I'm a little annoyed that they chose to go back to WWII, but otherwise it looks very promising.
July 16, 2008 4:13:55 PM

I am actually quite excited about this now after reading that. It seams that they are doing a very good job this time around. Everything that I read in the article seemed to fill what I would want with the game.

Best,

3Ball
July 16, 2008 4:37:47 PM

Loved COD4... but I won't even look at another WWII game. It's been overdone in my opinion.

I might try it because I love the series...but WWII is not getting old...IT'S OLD!!!

I'm quite disappointed they would even consider going back. Then again, I woudn't be more excited if they pulled the COD2142 either.
July 17, 2008 1:08:59 AM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Loved COD4... but I won't even look at another WWII game. It's been overdone in my opinion.

I might try it because I love the series...but WWII is not getting old...IT'S OLD!!!

I'm quite disappointed they would even consider going back. Then again, I woudn't be more excited if they pulled the COD2142 either.

i think you're forgetting that this game isnt like any other WWII game. its in the pacific not europe. ill agree WWII europe is way overdone, but ive never played a pacific WWII game so this should be realy good. and i hope to god they make it for the pc but they didnt mention it just 360 ps3 & wii.
July 17, 2008 1:10:02 AM

^ nevermind the pc bit im just blind they did say pc
July 17, 2008 4:39:36 AM

What i would like to know is will they fix the worthless server browser, the one in CoD4 blows big time, you can't see half the servers out there and it needs to be more user friendly.

It needs a easy to way to copy and paste server ip# and be able to add them to favorites that way too.
They need to make a friends list, we all know this won't be the last CoD game, so why doesn't activision add a friends list already.
July 19, 2008 4:21:01 AM

They need to add a bonus level. AC 130 vs. the japs. I just love to see 105MM shells hit helpless enemies! :D 

But seriously WWII needs to left where it is....in the past As great as this game may be WWII is more dead than a doornail.

Oh yay, the Pacific theater is so under-represented in video games so lets use affirmaitve action to correct the problem and give them preferential treatment over more qualified genres!
!