No volume icon on taskbar

I mark the box to allow volume to be put on the taskbar but it never
amperes.
When reboot it still not there, but when I check the box has is still
marked.
Some help please.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Have a look at this information provided here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm (scroll down to the Volume Control
section)

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Mike van der Merwe" <mikevandermerwe@absamail.co.za> wrote in message
> I mark the box to allow volume to be put on the taskbar but it never
> amperes.
> When reboot it still not there, but when I check the box has is still
> marked.
> Some help please.
> Mike

ThankX a lot
Mike

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>
> Have a look at this information provided here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm (scroll down to the Volume
> Control
> section)
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Mike van der Merwe" <mikevandermerwe@absamail.co.za> wrote in message
>> I mark the box to allow volume to be put on the taskbar but it never
>> amperes.
>> When reboot it still not there, but when I check the box has is still
>> marked.
>> Some help please.
>> Mike

You're welcome :)

Regards,

--

> ThankX a lot
> Mike
>
> "Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Have a look at this information provided here:
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm (scroll down to the Volume
> > Control
> > section)
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "Mike van der Merwe" <mikevandermerwe@absamail.co.za> wrote in message
> >> I mark the box to allow volume to be put on the taskbar but it never
> >> amperes.
> >> When reboot it still not there, but when I check the box has is still
> >> marked.
> >> Some help please.
> >> Mike

Patti,

I too had the loss of the volume icon. I followed
the information you gave Mike and got the icon back.
But, It went away again and I tried to go through
the fix again and it didn't even try to go to the
XP CD. Further, I found that if I did a restore,
even of a checkpoint that was taken when the icon
was gone, it returned. To confuse the situation,
on start up, such programs as AIM may or may not
start.
The background of the system is:
Dell Dimension L733r; 384K RAM; Windows ME
upgraded to Windows XP Pro.
Any suggestions?

Skid

Patti MacLeod wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Have a look at this information provided here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm (scroll down to the Volume Control
> section)
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Mike van der Merwe" <mikevandermerwe@absamail.co.za> wrote in message
>
>>I mark the box to allow volume to be put on the taskbar but it never
>>amperes.
>>When reboot it still not there, but when I check the box has is still
>>marked.
>>Some help please.
>>Mike

TRENDING THREADS