Scanner

I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
several times to download from the CD, that came with my
computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?
7 answers Last reply
More about scanner

    Download XP drivers from www.hp.com

    "Sherry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:3f7d01c4c3b1$1e150be0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    |I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
    | now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
    | several times to download from the CD, that came with my
    | computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
    | Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?

    It is *now* working or it is *not* working?

    Have you asked HP about it?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    Sherry wrote:
    > I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
    > now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
    > several times to download from the CD, that came with my
    > computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
    > Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?

    Did you go to the HP website and download the Windows XP drivers? The disk
    does not contain them You cannot use the Windows 98 drivers.

    Bobby

    "PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > It is *now* working or it is *not* working?
    >
    > Have you asked HP about it?
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
    >
    > Sherry wrote:
    >> I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
    >> now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
    >> several times to download from the CD, that came with my
    >> computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
    >> Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?

    Hi Sherry,

    Have a look here:

    "HP PrecisionScan LT update for the 4200c ScanJet Scanner. This update
    allows the scanner to work in Windows XP"
    http://tinyurl.com/56fn9

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Sherry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
    > now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
    > several times to download from the CD, that came with my
    > computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
    > Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?

    You probably need a new driver that is compatible with Windows XP. Some
    scanner manufacturers provide an updated XP driver, some do not. Go to the
    manufacturer's website and do a search using the scanner part number. If you
    can't find an updated driver, you will probably have to buy a new scanner,
    but make sure the box says that it will work with XP.

    "Sherry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
    > now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
    > several times to download from the CD, that came with my
    > computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
    > Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?

    This scanner pre dates Windows XP. Why do you think you would find relevant
    software and drivers on the CD that came with the scanner?

    Go to the HP web site and look for Windows XP drivers for your scanner - if
    they even exist.

    --

    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/6vy4g

    "Sherry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did an upgrade yesterday from Windows 98 to Windows XP,
    > now my HP 4200Cse Scanner is not working. I have tried
    > several times to download from the CD, that came with my
    > computer, then restarting, etc. It is now working. Does
    > Windows XP not recognize it or is it too old?

Scanners Windows XP