E3 08: Texas Governor Courts Game Developers

zunaro

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
I'm a resident of Austin, TX. I couldn't see myself living anywhere else. Texas does have some big names in gaming, like ID Software. One thing the governor forgot to add, was the girls are hot too ;)

Climate wise Texas is awesome for those that sit behind a computer (be it a career, hobby or whatever) because it does get fairly hot here during the summer, and sometimes a mild winter is nice... I've never had to shovel snow in my life! :D

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Yup yup, I live in Houston and I agree that Texas is a nice place to be, esp the Austin, San Antonia and Dallas areas. Houston is a bit polluted but there are tons of money here because of the petrochem industry.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Kinda interesting.. a politician courting devs? He must be the opposite of Thompson..

And damn you for mentionning snow.. we've had our worse this year probably on record (2-3 major storms a week). My coworker's bro came up from Austin (or the area) during the winter, first time his kids seen snow (who are I think around 5), they loved it though.

vinnywong

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I sure love Austin. Don't think I will live in any where else in Texas. As for honorable Governor, Rick Perry, I think "honorable" is a typo. It should be "horrible".

TRENDING THREADS