Asus A7N8X Deluxe wont let me chang Multi

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Ok I have been trying to OC my 2400+ XP that I got form newegg just a few days ago. The board I am using is the A7N8X Deluxe also brand new from newegg. But when ever I mess around with the settings and the start up it boots and tells me that the cpu is above set pramitors. Have no clue why, everything I have read says that I should be able to overclock witht he 2400+ in the A7N8X Deluxe but that messige keeps poping up no matter what I do. I am still going to try a few more things to night but it looks to me that I am stuck. If any of you guys could help me out here it would be very help full.

Thanks in advanced for anything you have to say.

Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
I didn't see "Watchdog" type program in the Bios anywere I checked around the whole bios and didn't find anything like "Watchdog" and even looked through the manual to find out if anything else that would be like watchdog and nothing I basicly have tried everything I can think of now, short of going and modding the CPU and thats something I would perfer not to do. I put on the new bois for the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and it gives me a new error but it still basicly telling me to change the CPU settings and for a while it would only let me run at 1Gig instead of 2Gigs when I ran with out even OCing. Now its back to normal now but it still wont let me OC with the multiplier it gives me that messige. I did get it to OC with the FSB got it up to 2.175 with FSB @145 Multi @15 but I really want to have the Multi @13 FSB @166 and then move the FSB up one by one to see how far I can push it or even have the Multi @13.5 FSB @166 to see if its stable at that speed but until I unlock the Multi

Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are