Viewing Windows XP Pro Startup Screen

When I recently re-installed my copy of Windows XP Pro, I noticed the logo
came up Windows XP Professional came up during boot up. After I installed sp2
from disk, during boot up, it came up Windows XP without the Profesional logo
on it. The cd I received from Microsoft in the mail. Anyone have a simular
situation?
1 answer Last reply
More about viewing windows startup screen

    SP2 makes a cosmetic change to the boot screen as you noticed.
    This is normal. The change reduces the testing footprint for the
    various editions of Windows XP.
    With a common boot screen, the test matrix does not require unique
    testing of screens for all of the possible Windows XP editions.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Robert Moran" wrote:

    | When I recently re-installed my copy of Windows XP Pro, I noticed the logo
    | came up Windows XP Professional came up during boot up. After I installed sp2
    | from disk, during boot up, it came up Windows XP without the Profesional logo
    | on it. The cd I received from Microsoft in the mail. Anyone have a simular
    | situation?

Startup Screen Boot Microsoft Windows XP