Viewing Windows XP Pro Startup Screen

When I recently re-installed my copy of Windows XP Pro, I noticed the logo
came up Windows XP Professional came up during boot up. After I installed sp2
from disk, during boot up, it came up Windows XP without the Profesional logo
on it. The cd I received from Microsoft in the mail. Anyone have a simular
situation?

SP2 makes a cosmetic change to the boot screen as you noticed.
This is normal. The change reduces the testing footprint for the
various editions of Windows XP.
With a common boot screen, the test matrix does not require unique
testing of screens for all of the possible Windows XP editions.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!