I have Windows XP Professional and now I have lost all my and windows
settings in the Power Option file When I go to the Power Schemes tab there
is nothing there not even Windows own schemes. How can I get them back
using the most painless way. Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi Alex,

You could give this tweak, courtesy of Kelly Theriot, a try:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (line 204, right-hand
side -->Restore Power Schemes/Configurations)

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User