A7N8X Temperature Problem

brynerjt

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2003
Hi all,

Im currently having a problem with my ASUS A7N8X motherboard. The BIOS is showing the CPU running at approx. 60-70 degree C, yet the ASUS probe software that came with the MB shows it at approx. 44 degrees. Which one should I believe? The CPU isnt overclocked or anything, so I figured it should definitely be running cooler then this. I have a Volcano 7 on the CPU right now. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hadi

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
it seems many people have this problem.

my problem with this board is: why my board is working properly without updating bios? is there any problem? ;-)
my board is revision 1.04 and the bios is 1001.c

<font color=red>listen to me or wait for the next patch!</font color=red>

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
All I know is that in this forum, it appears that 99% of the A7N8X problems are boards with a bios prior to 1001G. Mine shipped with G and I never had any of the problems that you read about. The general rule of thumb is if it is working fine than don't update it, but then I am the type of geek that relishes in the glory of troubleshooting and updating frequently. I'm up to bios 1002beta4 and it's 100% stable and the bios temps are closer to Asusprobe. I would save your current bios and update.

<font color=purple> You know its bad when license plate letters all look like file extensions </font color=purple>

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Nah, updating the bios didn't work. It is most definatley an actual hardware motherboard problem. Doesn't bother me too much. Maybe the sensor got bumped when i installed it, who knows. I just know the board kicks ass.