E3 08: Left 4 Dead Hands-On Preview

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
this genuineally sounds like a brilliant game, with frankly inspired gameplay, bravo once more Valve
How the hell do you spell genuinely?

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
ye, it does. however, this is going to require a damn sight more team work than most games, not the sort of thing you can just hop in with a bunch of strangers and play.
You got that right. But it sounds like Valve finally got the survival/horror game right, instead of just mindless running around and shooting.

G

left 4 dead looks amazing...

anyone played the cod 4 zombie mod? that mod is really fun...

if left 4 dead is anything like the mod... it will completely blow me away

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Dang..... at one time, Silent Hill got it's balls busted because of the appearance of the 'not so child looking' small enemies in the game (the ones with knives).
Now, we have a zombie that actually LOOKS like a small child in Left 4 Dead..... and there is not a whisper thus far of outrage. Maybe people are finally realizing that NOTHING is off limits in games.... or have they just missed this controversy waiting to happen?

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
ye, it does. however, this is going to require a damn sight more team work than most games, not the sort of thing you can just hop in with a bunch of strangers and play.

Yeah.. it's a good thing most of my clan seems interested in this.. not that we work that well with each other.. constantly tk'ing.. this game sounds great though, and i'll be killin em as an infected for sure.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
well im hoping that the single player A.I for your team mates works out, cause that's were most games are let down, although i don't foresee my self playing this game in single player very much, I will do before going on-line, to scope out the maps.

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
The more that I see about this game, the less enthusiastic that I get about it. I was really, really looking forward to this title too. Maybe I was hoping for too much - "Dawn of the Dead" with plenty of atmosphere - a game where using your brain was more important to your survival than you trigger finger. After watching the gameplay video, it looks like a mindless zombie blast-fest. Maybe it will still be fun, but not what I was hoping for I guess.

Are there any decent horror games out right now (for PC)?

DannyBoy27

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
Christ - this sounds awesome.

I LOVED that HL 1 mod where you boarded up that house and had to defend it from the massive mob of zombies trying to break in. With about 6 mates it was a real, fun and decent challenge.

This is going to be superb...

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Yeah SS - you don't have to remind me that my tastes are not aligned with the lowest common denominator. I could be a one-man anti-focus group : If I like it, don't bother. Actually, my tastes are not as out of whack as they once were, but whatever....

Still - we are talking about Valve - I mean, they have a fairly decent rep for making some pretty compelling storylines. Whatever - I'm sure it will be a fine game, but I will have to wait for the zombie magnum opus of my dreams.