National Access question

I just ported my Sprint number to Verizon. I got the LG VX4500 which is
capable of National Access with the Office Connection kit. I got the $34.99
America's Choice play but I did not add the megabyte plans for National
Access. Now my question is, if I connection my laptop to the internet with
my phone using the connection kit, will I be charged for the amount of data
traffic I use during the connection? I understand the airtime applies but
will I be incurring additional charges on the amount of data?

Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about national access question

    Yes. There is no free ride for data on the 1xrtt or 1xevdo network.
    Bothg of these are packet networks. You pay for data and minutes
    (unless you have a data plan that gives you prepaid bytes or
    unlimited, in which case the data is per your plan and minutes don't
    apply.

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:22:41 GMT, "C C" <someone@microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >I just ported my Sprint number to Verizon. I got the LG VX4500 which is
    >capable of National Access with the Office Connection kit. I got the $34.99
    >America's Choice play but I did not add the megabyte plans for National
    >Access. Now my question is, if I connection my laptop to the internet with
    >my phone using the connection kit, will I be charged for the amount of data
    >traffic I use during the connection? I understand the airtime applies but
    >will I be incurring additional charges on the amount of data?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    >I just ported my Sprint number to Verizon. I got the LG VX4500 which is
    >capable of National Access with the Office Connection kit. I got the $34.99
    >America's Choice play but I did not add the megabyte plans for National
    >Access. Now my question is, if I connection my laptop to the internet with
    >my phone using the connection kit, will I be charged for the amount of data
    >traffic I use during the connection?

    Not unless you signed up for a data plan, which would be impossible to
    do with out knowing it.

    > I understand the airtime applies but
    >will I be incurring additional charges on the amount of data?

    No.

    d b <dberger805@softhome.net> wrote:
    : Yes. There is no free ride for data on the 1xrtt or 1xevdo network.
    : Bothg of these are packet networks. You pay for data and minutes
    : (unless you have a data plan that gives you prepaid bytes or
    : unlimited, in which case the data is per your plan and minutes don't
    : apply.

    Not true. You don't pay for data on the 1xrtt network if you have the
    America's Choice plan with National Access. I have used my 3589i for
    months on their network and have never been charged for data - only
    for minutes used (same as voice minutes). I do not pay anything
    extra beyond my America's Choice monthly fee, but of course being
    online uses your voice minutes quickly, so I tend to use National
    Access only on evenings/weekends when I have free minutes.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    d b wrote:

    > Yes. There is no free ride for data on the 1xrtt or 1xevdo network.
    > Bothg of these are packet networks. You pay for data and minutes
    > (unless you have a data plan that gives you prepaid bytes or
    > unlimited, in which case the data is per your plan and minutes don't
    > apply.

    Here we go again. People posting something as fact that they know
    nothing about. With America's Choice you will not pay anything extra
    for data other than minutes of use if during prime time and you will
    have unlimited use during off peak hours. I have been using my phone
    with laptop this way while traveling for over a year now and have never
    incurred any additional charges. I have the $34.99 plan.

    Don

    "Don" <rver123@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > d b wrote:
    > >
    > > Yes. There is no free ride for data on the 1xrtt or 1xevdo network.
    > > Bothg of these are packet networks. You pay for data and minutes
    > > (unless you have a data plan that gives you prepaid bytes or
    > > unlimited, in which case the data is per your plan and minutes don't
    > > apply.
    > >
    > Here we go again. People posting something as fact that they know
    > nothing about. With America's Choice you will not pay anything extra
    > for data other than minutes of use if during prime time and you will
    > have unlimited use during off peak hours. I have been using my phone
    > with laptop this way while traveling for over a year now and have never
    > incurred any additional charges. I have the $34.99 plan.
    >
    > Don

    Don, this is what I have. I specifically told the rep that I will be using
    the phone to connect my laptop to it for me to connect to our corporate
    network in I'm needed for tech support. So he said that's okay and he sold
    me the connection kit.

    I am hoping this is all I need and not incur tremendoush data connection
    charges.

    Thanks.

Verizon Connection Internet Service Providers