The worst experience with A78NX still neeed help!

mach1trading

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
OK well I bought a new motherboard for my XP 1900+ and 1024GB PC 2100 Ram with Radeon 9700 Pro and a 40GB hard drive here is what happens after I plug'd in everything to my new motherboard:

First Screen:

It is the A78NX Delux Screen with the logo

Second Screen:

I get the Boot up screen with checking memory and all that good stuff with press del to enter setup

third screen:

it says press ctrl+s or F4 to enter raid setup
Primary Channel Disabled
Secondary channel Disabled

Fourth Screen:

Lists all the PCI devices with IRQ #'s whatever that is then at the bottom is says Verifying DMI Pool Data and that is successful

Fifth Screen:

It asks you how you want to start windows. When I click safe mode it starts trying to find files then looops back to first screen. When I press start windows normal it trys to start I can see a faint windows logo in the backround but then goes back to first screen again!!

Conclusion:

it always loops and goes back to first screen I am totally stuck I do not know what to do please help me =[ thanks...

why live just to die?

johnnylange

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
Go into your motherboard to locate the jumper that disables the raid controller. If that doesn't clear up the issue it maybe a driver conflict, corrupt file, etc. If you have a boot disk you try running scandisk (windows 9x) or chkdisk (windows 2000) from the command prompt. I can tell you it's not the bios/cmos since the error is happening when windows loads up. If you still have problems you might reinstalling windows. And after all that and you still have problems...then you gotta call microsoft tech support. Hope that helps!

mach1trading

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
well I decided im just going to nuke the drive and start from scratch with a new hard drive see if that helps. If it doesnt im screwed lol but I couldnt find the raid jumper.. mind telling me where that is?

why live just to die?

mach1trading

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
well I decided im just going to nuke the drive and start from scratch with a new hard drive see if that helps. If it doesnt im screwed lol but I couldnt find the raid jumper.. mind telling me where that is?

why live just to die?

perik57

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
That is exactly what mine is doing. but I was never able to load windows.. it froze about 2 mins in to the inital xp load up and since then I have not been able to get past the verifying the DMI screen.I have concidered flashing the bios to the new beta bios, thinking that might help but I am unsure exactly how to do this and I don't want to screw up the chip if I mess up.originally I was trying to use ocz pc-3500 EL 256 ram but had to put in pc-2100 just to get it to post for the first time.system hrdwre is: a7n8x dlxmobo, ath xp 2000+ proc.gain gforce 3 TI450 )Golden sample) vid crd. 450w psu If you figure out what the problem is please let me know.this is a first time build and will probably be "last time build" I'll leave it to the expersts next time.

Location..., Location...,Location !!!!

treed

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Did you try reinstalling Windows XP, and allowing it to find your original XP install and repairing it? I had the same symptoms and did that - no problems since.

Tim

Victory

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
First of all the Serial jumper is about 5cm to the bottom and right of the battery. Take it from 1-2 and move it to 2-3. Secondly when I first when to this board I had to do a fresh install of XP. It didn't know what to do with the IDE channels or how to boot. It's solved my problems since then.

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool:

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
As a general rule, you should always re-install your o/s when changing out the motherboard. If you don't, eventually you'll have problems, almost 100% guaranteed.

deadjo

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2002
yeah, FiaskO has it. U should always reinstall the operating system when upgrading essential components, especially mobo's and chips. Remeber, the bios talks between the hardware and the o/s.

i like to play...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I get this whenever I push my memory too far. Try backing off the memory timings.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS