System 32 folder opens automatically on startup

An running Windows XP Home, and every time i start up, the system 32 folder
automatically loads.
Have looked in start up files and everywhere I can think of to look, to see
why? and connot work out why it is automatically coming up.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about system folder opens automatically startup

    Hi Chriso,

    Please see:

    System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086

    Also, start/run msconfig, and see if there is a line that loads /L:ENG. It
    comes from a SoundBlaster Audigy driver, and it can cause this problem as
    well. If it exists, use the registry fix from MVP Kelly:

    Line 260 on the right:

    It's far easier than mucking about in the registry. The problem can also be
    caused by other incorrectly built registry strings. So, if the first two
    steps don't help you, could you please export and post the contents of these
    keys in the registry:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    To do this, start/run regedit, expand the branches to each key (do this one
    at a time). Click on the key, then on file/export. Give it any name, then
    save to the desktop. Once you have saved both keys, close the registry
    editor. Right-click one of the saved files on the desktop, choose edit, it
    should open in notepad. Click edit/select all/edit/copy. Open a response to
    this post and click in the message text area. Hit ctrl+v to paste the
    contents. Repeat for the other saved key, then send the post for
    examination.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Chriso" <Chriso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > An running Windows XP Home, and every time i start up, the system 32
    > folder
    > automatically loads.
    > Have looked in start up files and everywhere I can think of to look, to
    > see
    > why? and connot work out why it is automatically coming up.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    Thanks Rick, extremely helpful.

    One Q, if I use registry fix from MVP kelly - will a program like Registry
    Healer (which i use) alter this back again?

    Cheers,
    Chriso.

    Try this if you run Soundblaster Audigy 2
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows\RUN
    Delete the "Audigy" line.

System32 Microsoft Windows XP