Must have games? Recommend me one:)

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I currently play COD4 and love it, that and i play Track Mania.

I was a big time Diablo 2 player and was hooked on WOW for bout 1 year, but im sober now:)

I tend to like games with high replay value cause i find that some single players burn out fast (while still beign fun though) my all time favorite RPG was Final Fantasy X.

So there i hope i gave u an idea of kinda what i like:)

I also dabble in RTS (loved C&C red aleart2, and warhammer)

So please if u know of any must have games let me know.

~jerb

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
tried supreme commander for an RTS? its a bit different (as in, BIG)
also, please tell me you have played through the various source games in the orange box, which is a brilliant deal incidentally, and if you want replay value, I don't know if you ever tried knights of the old republic? (I never had it on PC, had it on original xbox, sacrilige I know) which was endlessly replayable.... and have you tried Oblivion?

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007

I downloaded the Supreame Commander demo and it looks great, i might have to nab it.

I do have orange box but i dont think i gave it enuff attention. I tried portal and got pretty far, did the TF2 thing, but for me TF2 u have to be with a clan or lan to really shine in the team work area IE: every1 wants to be a dam sniper when im a medic and i need a heavy, LOL) hence i think COD4 pwns it. I guess i can give some half life a go again.

But Knight of the old Republic i have never tried, I heard it was a decent RPG though, i might just try it:)

Thanx, for your input Spuddyt :)

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
There isn't that much.. played Oblivion? easily do 100 hours doing all those quests in the middle of nowhere, plus the storyline, plus all the guild quests (imo they were all fun, especially the assassin's guild).

Until the fall, when left4dead, fallout, far cry 2, warhead, etc come out.

spook24

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
yeah Oblivion is a huge game....far as size of the map and land. i havent played much of it cause its so time consuming. might reinstall it and have a go at it. you should definitely try it.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition on amazon for $45.99

cant beat that. and that includes i think 2 expansions packs.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

Yea, its nice to actually have some games to look forward to :O Don't forget Stalker: Clear Sky.

In the shooter department that adds up to 4 solid releases, and Fallout 3 is shaping up to be a pretty cool RPG. I love post apocalyptic type settings, one of my fave games is Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (with Oblivion Lost mod!) so I really can't wait for Stalker: Clear Sky

rugrider

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
If you liked WOW then you should try Age of Conan. I think the game is awesome, and the gameplay is second to none. It has a mature rating which is one of the reasons I play it(hehe).

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
If you have the Orange Box you should play through all the Half Life 2 games. Those are really enjoyable.

Oblivion is a life stealer. I recently got Mass Effect and really like that (I just wished that there were more planets to explore in it).

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
If you have an Xbox 360, you WILL love Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, and Blue Dragon.

As for PC, can't go wrong with Mass Effect for your action-RPG needs :)

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I'm also playing Mass Effect (which I was originally never going to get because of securom - but I already have that crap installed from Bioshock anyways..). It's a pretty good game, not sure yet how replayable it is.. it kinda feels like a mix between Halo in 3rd person with worse combat and a final fantasy game where you running around linearly doing some side quests and talking to ppl (and the side quests thus far don't stray from the main path). The controls are weird, can't really see how it's played with an xbox controller (and I dare not use my xbox pc controller).

I feel like I should've got the witcher, there's an enhanced version coming, though if you already have it, it's a free download.

G

witcher is amazing... replayed it TWICE already... was going to replay it a third... but then I realized all the stuff I manually do... and edited in some of the files... is the enhanced edition... so i'm just waiting for that... so I can have a nicer, and cleaner replay through it again

SiriusStarr

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2007
For a RTS, I've really enjoyed all of the Dawn of War games (Dark Crusade being the best, SoulStorm not so good...). AoE 3 is also an amazing game. For a FPS, STALKER is my favorite; it's buggy, but absolutely amazing. Basically an FPS with some RPG overtones. It's fairly non-linear and very replayable.

spook24

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008

ive been actually playing through it again and prolly once more after this. after all there are 7 different endings. :p

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I'd give another nod to Oblivion - I'm replaying right now and there is a large number of very high quality mods that have been released that add immense value to the game.