User Accounts

In Control Panel, under User Accounts, I view Mary Catherine Muccigrosso,
Computer Administrator, Password Protected and Guest, Guest Account is off.

In System Properties, under User Profiles, I view Dell\Administrator and
DELL\Mary Catherine.

When I turn on my Computer, Dell\Administrator appears with a few Icons.

I have to Log Off and Switch User to view my desktop with all my Icons.

Is there a way I can just view DELL\Mary Catherine?

Thank you for your help,

meadow
3 answers Last reply
More about user accounts

    Hi,

    Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
    click ok.

    Enable (check) the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and
    reboot.

    You should now halt at the logon screen. Choose your profile and log on.

    Rerun "control userpasswords2". Now uncheck that box to require the log in.
    Click apply/ok and follow the prompts to set up a default logon, except now
    use the preferred one.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "meadow" <meadow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In Control Panel, under User Accounts, I view Mary Catherine Muccigrosso,
    > Computer Administrator, Password Protected and Guest, Guest Account is
    > off.
    >
    > In System Properties, under User Profiles, I view Dell\Administrator and
    > DELL\Mary Catherine.
    >
    > When I turn on my Computer, Dell\Administrator appears with a few Icons.
    >
    > I have to Log Off and Switch User to view my desktop with all my Icons.
    >
    > Is there a way I can just view DELL\Mary Catherine?
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > meadow

    Please let me know if I'm replying correctly.

    Thank you. It seems to be working fine.

    meadow

    Hi,

    Yes, you're replying correctly. Glad to hear you got it working.

    --

    "M C Muccigrosso" <reagan@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Please let me know if I'm replying correctly.
    >
    > Thank you. It seems to be working fine.
    >
    > meadow

Dell User Accounts Windows XP