User Accounts

November 7, 2004 6:54:03 AM

In Control Panel, under User Accounts, I view Mary Catherine Muccigrosso,
Computer Administrator, Password Protected and Guest, Guest Account is off.

In System Properties, under User Profiles, I view Dell\Administrator and
DELL\Mary Catherine.

When I turn on my Computer, Dell\Administrator appears with a few Icons.

I have to Log Off and Switch User to view my desktop with all my Icons.

Is there a way I can just view DELL\Mary Catherine?

Thank you for your help,

meadow

More about : user accounts

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 10:10:14 AM

Hi,

Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok.

Enable (check) the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and
reboot.

You should now halt at the logon screen. Choose your profile and log on.

Rerun "control userpasswords2". Now uncheck that box to require the log in.
Click apply/ok and follow the prompts to set up a default logon, except now
use the preferred one.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"meadow" <meadow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Control Panel, under User Accounts, I view Mary Catherine Muccigrosso,
> Computer Administrator, Password Protected and Guest, Guest Account is
> off.
>
> In System Properties, under User Profiles, I view Dell\Administrator and
> DELL\Mary Catherine.
>
> When I turn on my Computer, Dell\Administrator appears with a few Icons.
>
> I have to Log Off and Switch User to view my desktop with all my Icons.
>
> Is there a way I can just view DELL\Mary Catherine?
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> meadow

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 2:31:13 PM

Please let me know if I'm replying correctly.

Thank you. It seems to be working fine.

meadow
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 10:25:59 PM

Hi,

Yes, you're replying correctly. Glad to hear you got it working.

--

!