User Accounts

November 7, 2004 6:57:02 AM

In Control Panel, under User Accounts, I view Mary Catherine Muccigrosso,
Computer Administrator, Password Protected and Guest, Guest Account is off.

In System Properties, under User Profiles, I view Dell\Administrator and
DELL\Mary Catherine.

When I turn on my Computer, Dell\Administrator appears with a few Icons.

I have to Log Off and Switch User to view my desktop with all my Icons.

Is there a way I can just view DELL\Mary Catherine?

Thank you for your help,

meadow

More about : user accounts

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 9:39:28 PM

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 03:57:02 -0800, meadow wrote:

> In Control Panel, under User Accounts, I view Mary Catherine Muccigrosso,
> Computer Administrator, Password Protected and Guest, Guest Account is off.
>
> In System Properties, under User Profiles, I view Dell\Administrator and
> DELL\Mary Catherine.
>
> When I turn on my Computer, Dell\Administrator appears with a few Icons.
>
> I have to Log Off and Switch User to view my desktop with all my Icons.
>
> Is there a way I can just view DELL\Mary Catherine?
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> meadow

It sounds like someone activated automatic logon and selected the
Administrator account as the account to be used. Do you know how autologon
was setup? The same method to set this up should be used to undo it.

For example: If Start> Run> control userpasswords2 was used, run it again.
Uncheck the box to allow logon without a password. Restart. Go back to that
screen and select your account and check the box to allow logon without a
password. When the next screen appears, it should already have Mary
Catherine in the User box. If not, change it so your user name is showing
and type in your password.

If TweakUI or another program was used, undo the automatic logon settings
using the program. Then reset, selecting your account instead of the
built-in Administrator account.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User