Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi, does anybody know how good is EasyCleaner to clean the Registry?
is it safe to use, or could it cause any trouble?
Thanks.
--
Jfern

I use EasyCleaner all the time. Make sure that you get the latest version.
2.0.6.373 is the latest. There were some problems with some earlier
versions that rendered Help and Support inoperative, that has been long
since fixed.

Also keep in mind that EasyCleaner creates an undo file upon deleting
registry entries (this is set as default under Options | Registry).

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:170D144E-8DEE-4225-897D-CE310D827E15@microsoft.com,
Jack <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, does anybody know how good is EasyCleaner to clean the Registry?
> is it safe to use, or could it cause any trouble?
> Thanks.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks, since my pc is working good for now, I think I'll use EasyCleaner
when all become slow, and nothing else works.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> I use EasyCleaner all the time. Make sure that you get the latest version.
> 2.0.6.373 is the latest. There were some problems with some earlier
> versions that rendered Help and Support inoperative, that has been long
> since fixed.
>
> Also keep in mind that EasyCleaner creates an undo file upon deleting
> registry entries (this is set as default under Options | Registry).
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:170D144E-8DEE-4225-897D-CE310D827E15@microsoft.com,
> Jack <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi, does anybody know how good is EasyCleaner to clean the Registry?
> > is it safe to use, or could it cause any trouble?
> > Thanks.

EasyCleaner also lets you delete all kinds of unnecessary files like temps,
backups etc.

http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:33D4BB3C-F6BC-4017-AB85-119DB50FD534@microsoft.com,
Jack <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks, since my pc is working good for now, I think I'll use
> EasyCleaner when all become slow, and nothing else works.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> I use EasyCleaner all the time. Make sure that you get the latest
>> version.
>> 2.0.6.373 is the latest. There were some problems with some earlier
>> versions that rendered Help and Support inoperative, that has been
>> long since fixed.
>>
>> Also keep in mind that EasyCleaner creates an undo file upon deleting
>> registry entries (this is set as default under Options | Registry).
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:170D144E-8DEE-4225-897D-CE310D827E15@microsoft.com,
>> Jack <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi, does anybody know how good is EasyCleaner to clean the Registry?
>>> is it safe to use, or could it cause any trouble?
>>> Thanks.

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

When things slow down, I would look for spyware, rather than poking around
in the registry.

JAX

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, since my pc is working good for now, I think I'll use EasyCleaner
> when all become slow, and nothing else works.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> I use EasyCleaner all the time. Make sure that you get the latest
>> version.
>> 2.0.6.373 is the latest. There were some problems with some earlier
>> versions that rendered Help and Support inoperative, that has been long
>> since fixed.
>>
>> Also keep in mind that EasyCleaner creates an undo file upon deleting
>> registry entries (this is set as default under Options | Registry).
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:170D144E-8DEE-4225-897D-CE310D827E15@microsoft.com,
>> Jack <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > Hi, does anybody know how good is EasyCleaner to clean the Registry?
>> > is it safe to use, or could it cause any trouble?
>> > Thanks.

Hi Louise

The XP Registry manages itself very well. Using one of these so-called
Registry 'cleaners' can cause more problems than they're worth - in some
cases rendering a PC unbootable. I would suggest that you let XP manage the
Registry and not use a 'cleaner'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User