Sign in with
Your question

QUAKE 2 WOD1.4X

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2008 12:27:10 PM

The latest thing for QUAKE 2 Online gamers is the Weapons of destruction 1.4x mod . I used to play back in the late nineties and hosted server at work, for lunchtime after hours online frag wars. Just dusted this game off after years, and reconnected with the game via gamespy arcade, and configs for the new wod1.4x. This by far the most fun Mod out and has a lot of new weapons attributes that you can alter during game play.

Although I am still a tad bit rusty, why buy a newer version when quake 2 is free and distributable to all your friends you want to game with. config and host a server and your ready to go.

ODINGRUPPEN.
DEZ

More about : quake wod1

July 22, 2008 12:30:43 PM

check in the general gaming if you feel like replying.
July 22, 2008 12:44:57 PM

Time to dust off my old Voodoo 2 to assist my 8800GT (3DFX Glide support).
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 22, 2008 12:58:41 PM

lol all of these older games... I have a decent rig (see sig) and the games that I have been playing (almost exclusively) are games built on extremely old engines lol. Warsow and Quake Live Beta are the two main games and I will b partaking in some BF Hero's when it comes out....it is making it hard for me to justify the 4870 that I plan on getting lol. So are other people actually playing this online?

Best,

3Ball
August 1, 2008 6:11:58 PM

Last time I tried to play Quake 2 online it seemed there was still a good amount of people playing it.

I was going to say I lost my Quake 2 disc, but then I remembered it came with Quake 4, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

BTW, I remember the WOD mod, but I only played it online a couple of times. I was all about CTF and rail warz.
!