Keyboard Click?

What is the loud keyboard click that is heard after some keyboard actions. I
have heard it on all PCs, not just my own.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

The only time my Keyboard 'clicks' is when im beating on theese keys
answering questions, i have no other 'clicks' or 'ticks'. Is the 'click' from
the keyboard itself? How often does it happen? Does it happen everytime you
stop typing?

"denmarks" wrote:

> What is the loud keyboard click that is heard after some keyboard actions. I
> have heard it on all PCs, not just my own.
>
> --
> Dennis M. Marks

Hi,

You can control the system sounds in the control panel/sounds and audio
devices, on the sound tab you can control the sounds used for system events.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the loud keyboard click that is heard after some keyboard actions.
> have heard it on all PCs, not just my own.
>
> --
> Dennis M. Marks

It is not a system sound. It sounds likea relay click.
For example when I did a left click on "reply" there was a click followed a
few seconds later by another click. I currently have a laptop but I have
heard the same sound on all other PC (not Mac) computers within the
keyboard, not speakers.

This is not a problem. I am just interested in knowing what it is. I thought
that the entire computer was solid state so it is strange to hear a relay
click.