Stopping the "Folders" list appearing

When I open any folder, the "Folders" list also appears (on left).
I have un-ticked "Folders" via View/Explorer Bar, but it appears again
every time a folder is opened.

In Tools/Folder Options/View under Tasks- I have selected "Use Windows
classic folder .

Under Browse folders "Open each folder in the same window,

and under Click items as follows "Single click --etc etc.

Also in that section I have selected "Underline icons consistent with my
browser"

Under "View" I have selected "Apply to all folders" once the page is set the
way I want it to appear.

Is there any conflict with these settings which allows the "Folders" list to
appear each time?

Please help a newbie.

kgm

Folder Options > View and place a check next to
"Remember each folder's view settings", click Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"kgm" wrote:

| When I open any folder, the "Folders" list also appears (on left).
| I have un-ticked "Folders" via View/Explorer Bar, but it appears again
| every time a folder is opened.
|
| In Tools/Folder Options/View under Tasks- I have selected "Use Windows
| classic folder .
|
| Under Browse folders "Open each folder in the same window,
|
| and under Click items as follows "Single click --etc etc.
|
| Also in that section I have selected "Underline icons consistent with my
| browser"
|
| Under "View" I have selected "Apply to all folders" once the page is set the
| way I want it to appear.
|
| Is there any conflict with these settings which allows the "Folders" list to
| appear each time?
|
| Please help a newbie.
|
| kgm

You need to set Open as your default action. In your case Explore will open
with the Folders pane showing. Open will open with no Folders pane showing.

Try this for yourself...
Right click a folder and select Open.
Right click a folder and select Explore.
Do you see the difference?

Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
File Types tab | Scroll down to and Select: (NONE) Folder |
Advanced button | Highlight Open | Set Default button | OK |

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:cmltme$jrn$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk,
kgm <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> When I open any folder, the "Folders" list also appears (on left).
> I have un-ticked "Folders" via View/Explorer Bar, but it appears
> again every time a folder is opened.
>
> In Tools/Folder Options/View under Tasks- I have selected "Use Windows
> classic folder .
>
> Under Browse folders "Open each folder in the same window,
>
> and under Click items as follows "Single click --etc etc.
>
> Also in that section I have selected "Underline icons consistent with
> my browser"
>
> Under "View" I have selected "Apply to all folders" once the page is
> set the way I want it to appear.
>
> Is there any conflict with these settings which allows the "Folders"
> list to appear each time?
>
> Please help a newbie.
>
> kgm

Thanks to you both for quick replies.
It was the answer from Wes that did the trick.

kgm with a :)

Keep having fun! ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.